Used 2013 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Sporty
By RICHARD BOUCHER

2013 Cadillac CTS Performance 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Gas milage could be better, fun to drive one of the best years for this model.

Love this car
By r Hoppes

2013 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a driver's car. I love to shift it manually on twisty bits. The steering response is great. The only big negative is interior space. It's pretty cramped for a car of this size.

The Car So Nice We Bought It Twice
By CJ

2013 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Leased this vehicle for 39 months, liked it so much that we purchased it when it came off lease. Car is fun to drive; suspension gives it great handling for a relatively large car. Interior is nice and very intuitive. We test drove a BMW 3 when we purchased, the 3 is fine but we use this car for family road trips and the back seat and cargo space on the 3 were a joke. Have now had the Cad for more than four years with one minor cosmetic issue which was fixed at zero cost under warranty.

This car is the definition of fun.
By Brian mayer

2013 Cadillac CTS Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car competes well with the German counterparts, especially in the dollar amount it cost. You get a lot for the money. The tech in it is great, the car is quiet, the seats are comfortable, and it travels well with the wife and I, and our two kids. The fit and finish are top notch. All of these were a plus because what I was really looking for was a car that handled well and could be a lot of fun. I have the performance edition and it comes with the 3.6 engine and the FE2 suspension. The engine provides plenty of power, but straight line speed is not what makes this car a stand out. After all, a lot of cars have decent 0 to 60mph times. It's the superb steering, suspension and brakes. Last summer I really got a chance to push it to the limits by keeping up with an Audi TT on the curvy back roads of Wisconsin. I finally slowed down when it started raining ( I did have my wife and one of my kids in the car with me). As for reliability, in the time I've had it, it has only needed to be repaired once. That was for a leaky seal around the sunroof. If you want a fun sedan, if you want a family sedan, try this car. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
From here on is an update to my original review. The car continues to be reliable. The all wheel drive has been spectacular in these Iowa winters. It is still a blast to drive. I just wish the roads where I live were as fun as the roads in Wisconsin. I've had to replace the tires and it was a little spendy. But when I bought a sports sedan, I knew things wouldn't be cheap like on my wife's little Hyundai. I stick with my original assessment: If you want a fun family sports sedan, the CTS won't disappoint.
From here is another update as of Jan 2018. The car is still fun. Last fall I was again driving in Wisconsin. I picked a very curvy road for the route. It was awesome taking those 25 and 30 mph curves at 55 and 60 mph. The same goes for cloverleaf off ramps. Those recommended safe speeds are routinely surpassed. Of course, such fun has a price. I have had to replace both rear wheel bearings. As I stated earlier, I knew that having a sport sedan would result in extra expenses. I haven't mentioned the Iowa winters yet. I have AWD on my CTS. It has not let me down yet. The suspension that helps keep the car planted in extreme driving also helps it hang on for these winters. Again, an awesome car.

2013 cts4
By Donald Cole

2013 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)