Used 2016 Cadillac CT6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Cadillac CT6 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CT6 model:

Terrible Service
By Robert J. Tarte

2016 Cadillac CT6 Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The electronics are terrible and Cadillac and GM customer service is terrible. My vehicle,e has been at the dealer for 3 weeks. 2 parts have been replaced and the vehicle now cannot be programmed. It took 12 days for a part to be shipped despite my request for overnight shipping. Cadillac told me that they have their processes. GM told me that they have their protocol. Thus, 12 days to ship a defective part. My dealer told me that they are attempting to get authorization for a new vehicle but GM. wants to send. Yet another part. There is a question whether the part is even available,but GM protocol is the most important thing to GM,not a satisfied customer. After 7 Cadillacs, there will not be a number 8. It is a shame, because the CT 6 is a beautiful car. GM has not changed since the bankruptcy and probably never will. Do not buy a Cadillac.On Sept.4 after 27 days, vehicle finally fixed. Hopefully, GM will offer some compensation for my inconvenience and time spent attempting to resolve the matter.

CT6 is the Worst
By JMF

2016 Cadillac CT6 Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This car has the most awful control panels. Nothing is easy in this vehicle. I have had it for two years and have turned most of the technology off since it was so bad. The turbo is sluggish on the start. Always seems that there was a trans issue. Never driving a Cadillac again.

Traumatic Transmission
By Frederick Dugger

2016 Cadillac CT6 Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Great car as long as you sit still in it! If you can get past 2nd gear without it trying to decide which gear it needs to be in, it runs great. It jerks and feels as if you've been rear ended. It occurs during acceleration and down shifting at low speed. GM tells me that's the way it's designed. With all the technology that is in this vehicle you would think they could get the transmission right. Not worth the $90k pricetag.

2016 CT6 Base Review
By Mike

2016 Cadillac CT6 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

CT6 Base with Driver Awareness and Convenience options including panoramic sunroof. I traded a 2011 Mercedes E350 and not having owned GM products for quite sometime, I am pleasantly surprised. Some immediate things I noticed. 1. When I first entered the car, it felt a little confined compared to the E350 but I'm getting used it. There is plenty of room, just differences... 2. The turn signal stalk is high. 3. The rear is quite large; very roomy - I am 6'4" and my sons are quite tall as well. the CT6 certainly fits the need as compared to my E class. 4. I'm a little surprised that the floor mats or logo. Maybe they do on the luxury or premium trims, but not on my base. 5. The doorsill seems to scratch easily as compared to the doorsill on my E class. 6. I love the driver awareness features and all the tech the car offers. 7. There rear part of the sunroof shade can be operated from either passenger door in the rear - there doesn't appear to be a lock for it (as there is a rear window lock for example) so my children constantly play with it. 8. The rubber material on the key fob, well, is rubbing off. I've read many prior complaints about this and will contact the dealer or Cadillac warranty. 9. The 4 cylinder engine seems to perform well although downshifts at low speed are very "jerky" and unappealing. Overall great car.

CT6
By JT

2016 Cadillac CT6 Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Good performance. Many pros. Cons; CUE and Transmission shifting