Used 2007 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Best vehicle I have ever owned and its 11 years ol
By Rich

2007 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle too bad they don't make this anymore and all the newer SUVs are smaller

Mixed feeling for this car.
By Chilli

2007 Buick Rendezvous SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good looking CXL package back seat ride is like a truck front seats much more comfortable driver has good visibility stock radio w/cd is very troubled and un-fixable. AM reception is drowned out by electronics computer when the car is running have had three different stock radio's installed under warranty. Average mileage 27. Transaxle broke in 14 weeks and was rebuilt under warranty all new parts then a modulator valve in the same unit failed causing the Transaxle to slip out of low gear from a stop. With 70 k mi, runs well for a ten yr old car.

A Reliable, Comfortable Ride, Good Cargo space too
By Judy McMahill

2007 Buick Rendezvous SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had to buy new tires for this car and had new headlights installed because I park it outside in the Florida sun. Have done routine maintenance on it in the 10 years I've owned this 2006 Rendevous CXL. I bought it with 9K miles on it, certified used. The CXL version is the better one as it has leather and nicer appointments. It also has Sirius radio capability. My elderly mother with mobility problems was able to easily enter and exit this SUV without using a step. Visibility is very good and the backseat is roomy with a pull-down arm rest with cup holders. I have the model with three rows of seats but always have them locked down for cargo. It also has CD and tape cassette players which allow me to enjoy some of my old tapes. Of course, there are no USB ports or bluetooth, and no backup camera or GPS systems. I'm about to sell my old friend with some reluctance.

Great SUV
By C Delany

2007 Buick Rendezvous SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars (SUV) I have ever had , I wish the still made this model.

Nice ride for an older SUV
By Eric Zatman

2007 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick Rendezvous was in production from 2002-2007 and was discontinued after the 2007 model year. I bought this mid-size from Fitzgerald Chevrolet in Frederick, MD. It was a one owner car with 150k miles. So far, I have put over 1,500 miles on this Rendezvous mostly highway miles. I like the spacious cabin and outward view of the road. I have put two bikes in the cargo area with the back seats folded down. The 3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine runs well though slightly underpowered going up steep hills. Gas mileage is acceptable on the highway. This was a one owner vehicle which had 150k miles so I was a bit concerned about buying the car. However, one reviewer a reporter from Chicago wrote an article about his Rendevous that has over 300k miles doing just routine maintenance. Other reviewers have expressed concern over reliability of the Rendevous and these may have been from particularly earlier model years. Nonetheless, I am taking a chance expecting to keep my Rendevous as an interim car for travel and biking.
Update: as others noted, the brake system in the Rendezvous is problematic when turning the wheels causing stuttering and anti lock braking problems. The windshield wipers locked up once which was unnerving The vehicle started leaking oil. As this vehicle was high mileage, we took a chance on it knowing we would drive it until problems surfaced. We did like that it had lots of space for our bikes and used it for one vacation trip. However, we sold it when the oil leaks and braking problems became expensive repairs.