Used 2004 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A) Consumer Reviews

12345...9

best car I ever owned.

Chris, 09/04/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Second owner, bought this car in 2009 with 55000 miles. Vehicle is extremely comfortable to ride in and loaded with a ton of great features. My favorite features were the seats, heated and adjustable enough to accommodate a driver with very long legs and a short torso, a problem I've had in all other vehicles was getting comfortable on a long drive. Front bench seating is easier to keep clean than a center console. Interior features were well ahead of its time and comparable to expensive luxury vehicles of the same age. Even with rust and being beaten half to death by being stored outside in one of the worst northern climates in the states and not cared for very well, the paint hasn't faded or lost its gloss she still turns heads with classic styling and a blue soft top. Car handled better through some really nasty winters with cheap all weathers than my old Jeep with snow tires. Vehicle was a steal at $12000. I got my money out of her, and I'm very sad to see her go. Car needs significant work any vehicle would after going through what she's been through, but the vehicle is still solid beyond my expectations and capable of another 60000 miles at least. This is a great low maintenance vehicle perfect for a family, and would be a good choice for a winter rat. Gas mileage isn't great, but decent for a full size sedan. My only complaints is that the gear shifts are kind of laggy, sometimes it'll hard shift. GM's 3.8 is a tried and true engine, but the four speed transmission makes for a boring ride. Car handles well and is easy to maneuver but the suspension feels a little rough on highways. Dash lights, passenger climate control, and one of the heated seats burnt out. The only repairs I had in seven years besides standard maintenance and rust related repairs were a blower motor going ($200 with a used motor), an ignition problem (estimated $75), an EVAP leak that has engine light on, and a small coolant leak ($180).

Major engine problems

rahni, 06/12/2004
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

LeSabre's 2000-2004 are made with a phenolic resin intake maniford that warps and leaks antifreeze into the engine's cylinders - basically blowing superheated steam into the combustion chambers. The factory-recall fix (put locktight on 3 bolts) doesn't work. According to a factory trained mechanic, many engines have had to be replaced because of this cheap construction. Also, "permanently lubricated" tie-rods wear prematurely and have to be replaced at low milage. Plastic window grips on electric windows break easily.

Highway king

uglybluedog, 05/23/2010
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car in DEC. of 08 with 49,000 and have completed 5 family vacations. Usually 1500 mile trip. This car has had nothing go wrong with it. Normal wear and tear and that's it! I'm proud to own this American made car. My Buick is the highway King. These cars are going to be seen on the road for the next twenty years because the 3.8 liter engine just keeps cruising!

JUNK

hcrobie, 02/27/2013
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a lesabre a few years ago, it was used so I didn't expect it to be in perfect condition but it was in pretty good condition none the less. After driving it for only a couple of months the transmission started acting up so I took it in. The transmission had to be replaced and they actually had to install it twice because the first one was "defective". Two years later and only 50,000 miles later I had to have the transmission replaced again. It seems as though the transmissions they chose to install in this model are just expensive junk. Other little things have been breaking down since then, ball joints, blower motor for the heat ect.

best car I ever owned

Debbie, 06/03/2009
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Buick LaSabre in Jan. 04. We had rented one the previous October to take on vacation, because the transmission had gone out on the automobile I owned. We loved it... so I told my husband I wanted to buy one when we traded again. I have loved it! It's a big roomy ride, yet gets great gas mileage. The first 3-4 years, it would get 31 mpg on the highway... and 27 around town. It is older now, and the mileage has dropped a little, but I still get 29 mpg on highway. It is has never had a mechanical problem. I have kept all routine maintenance up to date, and with 120,000.00, I still do not want to get rid of it. I hope it will continue giving me such enjoyment.

12345...9