Used 2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

My 2002 Lesabre, had for 2 years :)
By Joshua Stepanov

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Make sure the steering and windows and air work, because mine didn't.

Inherited and sold this car. Amazing gas mileage!
By Sunny

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a good, sturdy car. It held up extremely well when it was backed into a pole and when it "slid off the road" into a ditch. Almost no body damage. The gas mileage is amazing! This car was definitely ahead of it's time. We inherited and sold it to a gentleman that will drive it to and from work, about 70 miles a day.

Buick Le Sabre Fan For Life.
By Rustin

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first ever Buick Le Sabre that had around 90,000 miles on it when I purchased it. I can't complain about the car at all for the mileage and it's age. The Car starts easily every time, handles easily and rides like a dream. The only real issue with mine so far is the Security Light will stay on sometime. However, I have found a way to keep this from happening. I can sometimes feel a little jerk when the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd. I get around 26 or 27 mpg on short trips to town and 30-31 at least on long highway trips. The trunk is very nice and roomy for storage when going shopping and etc. I would certainly buy another Buick Le Sabre if they still made them. The seats are so comfortable that you feel that you could ride in them all day and still be at ease.

Love My Buick
By Jay

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is, in my humble opinion, a GREAT vehicle. It is an ease to drive with no issue of visibility impairment. There are no "blind spots" when changing lanes. It is a DEPENDABLE vehicle. I have over 165,000 miles and it has never failed me. Contrary to popular opinion, it is WELL BUILT and ECONOMICAL. I use conventional oil which changes (including tire rotation) costs me less than $24.00. The engine still runs strong, and no current issues with transmission. The leather seats show little wear and the instrument panel is easily viewed with controls logically placed. Other than replacement of front wheel bearings, I have had no major repair costs. Yes, it does ride like an American built late 20th Century auto. It doesn't handle tight curves as well as my wife's Volkswagen. But it is, for me, extremely comfortable and durable. I have never been disappointed with my General Motors cars. Incidentally, I bought this car used -- one previous owner -- for $5,000. Best money spent.

2002 Buick LeSabre