Used 1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Very Comfortable, reliable, visually appealing car
By Colton

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Buick LeSabre Custom at a charity auction in October of 2017 with 96k and only 1 previous owner for $700. I did have to stick a battery in it, cut and splice a fuel line, and replaced some bushings in the front right corner. At 100k i flushed all the fluids and rotated the tires. Overall the car runs and drives flawlessly. By far the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Highway cruising is awesome, i get close to 30 mpg. 3800 Series 1 with tuned port injection, 170hp, 4t65-E transmission shifts very smooth and power delivery is smooth. Does not accelerate like a sports car, but maintains a good amount of power throughout the rev-bands being a 23 year old car. It is now approaching 101k, and i did have to patch the back passenger side wheel-well after a hole rusted straight through to allow water to run through it and into the backseat. I have since patched it myself and have not had a problem since. I would highly recommend this car to someone who wants an extremely reliable car that is cheap and easy to maintain, however it is by no means a sports car.

1994 Buick LeSabre
By Austin

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $300 with 273,000 miles. I now have 278,000 and its still running. I had to replace the starter and the EGR valve is bad so it idles poorly and gets terrible gas milelage. However Ive been driving this car over 200 miles a day for work and I'm never worried it will leave me stranded. This car is unbelievably reliable. If I had the funds to repair the few things wrong with it I'm sure it would go well over 300k. It was a very good deal and I'm quite happy with it overall. Very comfortable too.

Durable, Safe, and Comfortable
By JR Thompson

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Excellent ride & surprisingly good on gas!

Reliable, Comfy, Good on Gas, Safe
By cmccausland

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned a Gen III, Olds 88 with 205 HP V6, and that had 170k miles on it, sold it to my brother who needed a reliable car, good on gas. His friend totaled it, hit 2 deer on the interstate. Since then I have kept my eye out, and found this low mileage (66K Original!!!) one that a co-worker had from grandparents. Not quite as good on gas or as much power as the Olds, but very good car. I see about 22 combined mileage with Lucas Fuel Treatment. I paid $500 for it, my mechanic son-in-law put on new front brake pads/rotors, tune-up, brake lines, new trans filter/fluid, vacuum lines repaired/repainted top (vinyl top came off on highway!) All for $620 parts/labor, total of about $1200! I have since only replaced the serpentine belt, and windshield washer motor at 94,000 miles. I put in a modern bluetooth/usb stereo. My niece now owns it and drives it every day to work, and her baby to daycare, it's a very safe and reliable car. She has driven it to New Orleans and back when she lived there, to Texas and back, when she lived there as well. If anyone wants to down vote this review, explain why you're biased against a 22 year old car? Have facts. I have a 93 Z28, drive it everyday to work from spring to fall, modern stereo, mods to 360 HP, still get 22 mpg on hwy, I own a 99 ZR2 Blazer for the winter, has 190k miles on it. If you take care of a car, especially GM cars, parts are cheaper, I do most of the work myself. I also own a 2008 HHR SS, 300HP 2.0L Turbo and still gets 30 mpg on HWY, my low mileage fun car. No car payments, low maintenance costs per year, good performance and gas mileage compared to other vehicles in it's class.

Reliable Comfortable Ride
By crowbarcharlie

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I acquired the '95 limited last year from my dad and at first I was skeptical about driving a 17 year old car with 125,000 miles. At 138,000 miles last week the brake lines, front wheel brake pads and rotors, and a stabilizer bar were replaced. In its lifetime there haven't been any big money issues. A water pump, spark plug wires/ plugs, and passenger climate control have been fixed. The fuel economy is decent. I have gotten 28+mpg on interstate trips with a fully packed car. I get ~16mpg with city only driving. It has been a reliable car for me.

My favorite features of the car are the power leather seats, dual climate control and the leg room for the back seats. It fits 4 adults comfortably. The cabin is rather quiet too. I didn't like the dynaride at first but learned to love it. I always feel safe because of the sturdy build. The car is easy to see out of. The windows are large and the head rests are low which makes turning the head to check the blind spots pretty easy. When people ride in it they are impressed by the refinement/ craftsmanship and comfort.

The car drives like a boat. The acceleration isn't spirited and the braking isn't the shortest but it is a LeSabre, not a sports car. With cruise control activated the car will slow a mile or two on the tall hills and coast down them a mile or two faster. It is tough to gauge how close the front bumper is to the other cars when parking. When the trunk is opened after it has rained some water will drain into the trunk. This will never be a chick magnet and is occasionally the butt of jokes.