2017 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Old enough to buy a comfortable car
By C Stein

2017 Buick LaCrosse Preferred 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Surprising long distance mileage of 34 mpg to Oregon and back from SoCal. I drove 15 hours straight each way and was less tired than any car I have driven. Great style and finish.

Transmission issues
By Debbie

2017 Buick LaCrosse Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We just bought a 2017 La Crosse Premium which is loaded. We drove it 30 miles and the transmission was slipping, did not shut off when stopped, a "Check Transmission" light came on, and the service symbol came on and stayed on. I would push the gas pedal after the stop lighted changed, and the car hesitated. Obvious transmission issues. I pulled over and called the dealership. They told me to go home and bring it back in the morning. I told them I was afraid of being stranded. I brought it back and they gave us a loaner.

Mistake
By Mrs Smith

2017 Buick LaCrosse Essence 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I don't like how it stops going through a drive-through every time you go also traffic light I don't like that at all I wish you could turn it off . Steering wheel very loose. I liked my 2011 performance better. I just wanted to upgrade but I've only had it a month so now I'm stuck. Not happy at ALL

Very Good, but a lot to learn
By Hauskapoika

2017 Buick LaCrosse Essence 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This car surprised me in a few ways: It gets better gas mileage than our Impala did, it is more comfortable, and a little quieter sometimes. There are three issues worth noting: (1) There is a noise in the driver seat when turning, (2) The manual shift option has caused a problem, but that is because the way I have always driven my cars - with my right hand on the steering wheel, my fingers accidently have touched the paddle shifter, and that causes the engine to race and the car slows down. I have to brake to a stop, and then re-start in order to clear it. I need to learn how the paddle system works, and keep my hands of that section of the steering wheel. The third issue is noise on uneven pavement. Frankly, I expected the car to be much quieter in the cabin. On smooth roads, this car is almost silent, Gas mileage on latest tank, around town, was 22.41 mpg. Back seat room on this car is enormous, and the seats, front and back are very comfortable. The car handles very well, for not being a hot rod or sports car. Special likes: Blind spot warning system, digital odometer, back up camera, and GPS which works very well. OnStar is really nice and it gives me monthly electronic reports on our car. Overall, very good except for the things mentioned, but they are minor and we will learn. One last thing: My wife is partially disabled and she is able to get in and out of the car fairly easily.

Try before you buy
By E Barkowski

2017 Buick LaCrosse Preferred 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It is cheaper to lease a Lexus or Mercedes than this LaCrosse.