2017 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

The Perfect Car for Road Warriors
By Greg Kelly

2017 Buick LaCrosse Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My wife and I were looking for a large, comfortable sedan for our frequent trips around the United States, and the 2017 Buick Lacrosse AWD was the perfect choice. It is comfortable and quiet on the inside, and holds the road extremely well, even in the snow. (Because of the low ground clearance, it does not do as well in deep snow.) We appreciate the "out of site" luggage space in the large trunk. The available in-vehicle wifi has been extremely useful, and the safety features such as the adaptive cruise control and the parking sensors have us totally spoiled. As for possible downsides: The "Infotainment System" has been useful and fun, but may be confusing for some older drivers. The voice recognition is a little sketchy. The autostop feature that shuts of the engine at intersections has worked perfectly, and should not be a concern. The electronically controlled gear shift took a little getting used to, but now I prefer it to a traditional gear shift. Our only really negative experience in over 69,000 miles of driving has been a transmission failure. I started getting “Service Transmission” error messages in my 2017 Lacrosse at 26,000 miles. The dealer was unable to diagnose the problem, even with help from GM. Transmission problems continued to occur intermittently, including multiple error messages and rough shifting at low speeds. Finally, at over 68,000 miles, the transmission failed completely while the car was at the dealer. The solution was to replace the electronic transmission control module, an expensive repair. The car has since worked perfectly for the last 1200 miles.
Unfortunately, General Motors refused to honor the bumper to bumper warranty even though the problem first occurred below 30,000 miles and it took GM over 40,000 miles to solve the problem. They also claimed that this wasn’t a transmission repair, so they said it wasn’t covered in the powertrain warranty. They ended up covering 60% of the cost, which was better than nothing, but they did not do the honest thing and completely honor the warranty.

Great car! Don't listen to whiners about start sto
By RyanLasVegas

2017 Buick LaCrosse Essence 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First, comparing to other cars in this class, it is a great car over all. I compared this car to a Maxima, Impala and a 300. All cars were good in their own right. Maxima Sporty, 300 roomy, Impala a good blend of both. Buick was not even on my radar, and yes, I did think "Buick? I'm not grey yet...." but yeah, just like the commercial says, it's not your fathers Buick... What drew me to this car was it was better than those over cars overall. This car as well as the others I've compared has the 3.6 V6. Essence package. Good room for family, good power for in and out traffic, nice interior and exterior, and smooth ride. I dont know what the other reviewers were complaining about. Take it for a test drive, if you can, a nice long one, not just around the block like some dealerships have you do. Mess around with the features. All cars has that break in period to learn where things are and how things work. Watch and read reviews, and yeah, you'll get some nit picky reviews, but overall I think you will find that this is a great car. Additionally, the 4 yr bumper to bumper, 6 yr power train, 2 yr service and road side, and paint and rust warranty is hard to beat. So you could go with Lexus, Cadillac, or some other high end luxury and probably spend 20k more. If you want all the bells and whistles and AWD yeah, you get up there. But for an entry level luxury that's nicely equipped. You get a good car for price. Lastly, for all the nay sayers about the auto start stop. 1. I've driven many worse cars that has auto start stop and this one is the best by far... only noticed if you really let it bug you or pay attention to it. 2. I live in Nevada, so a way to by pass the function is to set your climate control to Max, not eco and run the AC. At first, I didn't think the auto start stop was working. But then I messed with the controls. If you do this it puts a draw on the battery and engine and your car stays running in my experience. Not that it saves on gas. If you drive a hybrid, it feels similar at the start. So my impression is good family car that is well designed inside and out. Power and handling is smooth. Priced competitively against rivals. Trim level, go with Essence if you want well equipped for price.

Old enough to buy a comfortable car
By C Stein

2017 Buick LaCrosse Preferred 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Surprising long distance mileage of 34 mpg to Oregon and back from SoCal. I drove 15 hours straight each way and was less tired than any car I have driven. Great style and finish.

Transmission issues
By Debbie

2017 Buick LaCrosse Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We just bought a 2017 La Crosse Premium which is loaded. We drove it 30 miles and the transmission was slipping, did not shut off when stopped, a "Check Transmission" light came on, and the service symbol came on and stayed on. I would push the gas pedal after the stop lighted changed, and the car hesitated. Obvious transmission issues. I pulled over and called the dealership. They told me to go home and bring it back in the morning. I told them I was afraid of being stranded. I brought it back and they gave us a loaner.

Mistake
By Mrs Smith

2017 Buick LaCrosse Essence 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I don't like how it stops going through a drive-through every time you go also traffic light I don't like that at all I wish you could turn it off . Steering wheel very loose. I liked my 2011 performance better. I just wanted to upgrade but I've only had it a month so now I'm stuck. Not happy at ALL