Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Great car for the price
By J hoffman

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's got better reviews than other Buick's. Strong runner.

13yrs & still going strong!
By Andrea Deyo

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love my 2005 Buick Lacrosse. Bought it new a little over 13yrs ago, its got 101,400 miles on it & it still drives well. No real major repairs--things do tend to wear out some with age on any car. Still love driving it. Very comfortable seats.

Best car I have ever driven
By Melvin Law

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would be afraid to buy a well maintained Buick like this even if it's 12 years old.

Incredible bargain in a used car
By Lance

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.8 v6 engine is bulletproof. Not sporty handling, but smooth and comfortable!

Not another Buick
By Grandpapaul

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife wanted a Lacrosse and bought this car 3 years ago with 28K on it. Three months later she bought a Honda Accord and couldn't sell this piece of junk. I had a recall on my Grand Prix and got an email from Buick suggesting I consider a Buick for my next purchase. I replied that I I have an 05 Lacrosse and it junk. After a year of back and forth emails they quit responding. 1. Climate control utilizes air conditioning 100% of the time. I turn it off every time I start it to save gas but it as it comes back on when restarted. 2. Replaced hood struts. 3. Replaced rear window regulator which is rarely used. 4. Drivers mirror quit working. 5. Head lights don't turn off until driving in daylight for an hour. 6. Outside temp takes a couple of miles before going to correct temp. 7. On occasion the engine runs rough. Shut it off and restart and its fine. 8. Dash cracked four times in the first year and looks like varicose veins. 9. Wipers quit so I replace the motor. Poor design as the entire mechanism must come out. 10. When there are riders in the back I can hear the wheel bearings grind. Lots of road noise so I believe most of them need replaced. 11. Rear suspension squeaks. 12. Piece of plastic broke in power seat mechanism. Six ways power seat is now four way. All these problems in the first two years of ownership. I drive it on occasion and now has 49K. Putting miles on my 01 Grand Prix then will put an estimated $1500 in it when I retire. I am not the type to pass on junk to others so will keep it since it is paid off.

IF I EVER BUY ANOTHER CAR, IT WONT BE A "BUICK". Bring back Pontiac Grand Prixs!

I do like the 3.8L engine. Not sure why they changed. It shifts sooner and RPMs are lower that my older Grand Prix for better gas mileage.