Used 2003 Buick Century Consumer Reviews

Used Century for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Great car up till now

Screwed by GM, 12/15/2006
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Buick I've owned. Always liked the comfortable ride and good gas mileage (33 mpg on highway), and ample room. However at 82,000 miles the car developed an antifreeze leak. Took to local Buick delearship and they had to replace lower intake gaskets (8 hr job) and water pump. Total cost over $1100. After searching the web, found other GM car owners with same problems, and most common culprit was the Dexcool antifreeze now used by GM and plastic gaskets that get eaten away by the Dexcool. No wonder Toyota and Honda are selling so many cars. It's called quality and reliability!

Pleasant Surprise

Grateful Son-in-law, 06/13/2009
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I was given this car by my father-in-law, when he was no longer able to drive. Driving the "B" as my wife calls it, has been a pleasant surprise. Dad had put only 33,000 miles on it, maintained it by the book. I use it as a commuter car, primarily suburban to city driving, lot's of traffic lights, little highway. MPG is great, 22-23 city, 33 highway, on a 600 mile round trip. Comfortable after getting acclimated to a "rolling sofa." Plenty of trunk space, easy to service by local mechanic. I would not have even looked at this car, let alone bought one, as I feel it is designed for the more senior driver. Still, I now have a low mileage ride which competes with our 2 VW's in MPG!

Got my money's worth

jg, 07/19/2010
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Very good buy, I had my Buick since 2006 still going maintenance free. Got it with 45,000 miles now it has 129,000 everyday commuter 140 miles a day without 1 Penny putting into it love this car.

Century Hits the Spot

KSGofGA, 09/20/2002
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I rented an '02 Century while traveling. As I drove, I thought to myself that I could really get used to a vehicle like this. I traded in a '98 Grand Marquis and haven't had a day's regret. My Century is comfortable, quiet, smart. It handles predictably and surely. There's plenty of room and support for big guys like me and plenty of trunk space too. Whatever the Buick people did to get this buggy going they ought to do again and again and again. We love this car. Occasionally, it even gets whistles from appreciative onlookers in spite of its generally non-sporty appearance. It's a terrific family sedan.

Excellent Value

sargeantcm, 11/14/2003
4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle as an ex-rental 6 months ago ($14000, 13000 miles), and it's been a complete dream. I've had to spend exactly $0.00 thus far on this car except maintenance. Excellent ride quality and more features than I probably need. This is my first Buick, and I'm a third-generation customer. I'll never buy anything else now. I hear it gets alot of bad marks on styling but that's personal preference and it doesn't bother me. I'll take an understated statelier car compared to all those ugly new ones.

12345...12