Used 2016 BMW X6 SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X6 model:

2016 BMW X6 Xdrive 35i
By Nick

2016 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I love this car. Driving it feels awesome. I couldn’t find an SUV that I loved but I had my eyes on the X6 for about 2 yrs now. I was driving a 328i and I was tired of driving low and don’t like that it was rear wheel drive. It was a beautiful luxury model fully equipped and drove very well. I didn’t want to purchase the X6 new because of the cost so I found this one certified pre-owned. They didn’t have one that I wanted at my favorite BMW dealership in Austin so I purchased from San Antonio. I won’t do that again though. Not happy with the sales experience there nor the follow up from salesman. BMW of Austin is the best from sales to service. Just be ready for maintenance costs/plans. I’m not fond of the run flat tires either. I replaced 3 tires in 2 years due to nails.

2016 BMW X6 xDrive 35i Carbon Black Metallic
By CD

2016 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

After owning and driving this car for almost one year here is my take on it. First let me say that I was sold on this car before the salesman pulled over to let me drive it purely based on how comfortable the upgraded seats were and how powerful it felt on the road. Quiet, powerful, and a very smooth acceleration. The 5.0 or M version is tempting, but really not necessary for me because this car gets out of its own way quickly. It seats five with ease, and unless you are over 6'5" the back seat is perfectly fine, and I have not had any problems filling up the rear with a ton of groceries. I own the M sport, loaded with options that are actually very easy to use and I usually do. The navigation screen is huge and clear. I like the sloping roof line and M sport molding much better than the X5 or any other similarly shaped SUV. Recently took a road trip (1800 miles) and it was extremely comfortable. I usually swap out my cars every 1-2 years, but I do believe I will hold on to this one for quite a while longer.

BMW Owner since 2000.
By FRANCIS YOGI

2016 BMW X6 SUV sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Outstanding BMW performance; Exceptional styling;

2016 x6
By Shane Brown

2016 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Brakes make a lot of noise in cold, moist conditions. Very loud!

This "Ain't" Your Daddy's SUV!
By B Hill

2016 BMW X6 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you want an SUV by one, if you want a sports car buy one. If you are stuck somewhere in between and want the best of both worlds, the X6 M sport is the SAV for you! The genesis of the crossover revolution, all others are imitations.