2018 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Hot 40e
By Al smith

2018 BMW X5 xDrive40e iPerformance 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

For my 82 K, really love this vechical, after reading the othe reviews I’ve had NONE of the other problems referred to, mine is a 5 star, mileage is running well over 30mpg

X5 edrive40 2018
By Efrain

Miles x Galon and the comfort

My first and last BMW
By Kelly M

2018 BMW X5 sDrive35i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I really wanted this car. I like the look and the drive was nice. But I tote my kids around and spend a lot of time in the car. The technology stinks. It looks very fancy but is a lot of clicks and turns to get things done. Very distracting. Also, connecting to my iphone is awful. I still have to control everything but phone calls on my iphone. That requires me to look at my phone, unlock it and mess with it while I am driving. What good is handsfree if it is only to make calls. Don't get me started on how podcasts and audiobooks go back to the beginning if you are unlucky enough to receive a call while listening.

Wish I could return
By Chris Oakley

2018 BMW X5 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

This is definitely the worst car I've ever purchased. I paid $85k for my 2018 BMW X5. I've had numerous issues since I purchased it. It was not aligned from the factory and I had to take it in almost immediately to have an alignment done. The seatbelts were really noisy in the front seats. I had them replaced and they are a bit better now, but it's ridiculous to have this issue on such an expensive car. The electronics leave a lot to be desired. Sometimes it will automatically switch driver profiles. Sometimes it won't. There doesn't seem to be any reason why. Even the so-called "geniuses" at the dealer didn't know why. At around 8,000 miles, several interior panels started rattling and making noise. The seat motor in the passenger seat went out and that had to be replaced. I'm so done with this car and BMW. It's my first and definitely my last. There are some nice things about the car, but it's pretty hard for me to enjoy them when there are so many other things wrong with it.

Rock Solid Car
By Gordon from New Jersey

2018 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I’ve owned dozens of cars, foreign and domestic, and the X5 tops my list in every respect. Most importantly, this car delivers a sense of confidence, in terms of performance, connection with the road, and overall safety. I'm proud to drive and own this car.