2021 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

$43,000

Save as much as $1,138
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great Update On The X3!

MoparFan71, 12/22/2020
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Having owned both an 2007 X3 and a 2013 X3, I can definitely say that this X3 is an improvement over the previous generation. The interior is better laid-out and has higher-quality finishes than before and compared to the Mercedes GLC300 and Land Rover Discovery Sport that I also looked at. The seats are also much more comfortable than the last X3 and I love the new iDrive and all the tech features! Plenty of power on tap, with seamless acceleration. My only complaint is that you can't hear much engine noise upon hard acceleration. I like that "grunt" I've always received from BMWs and without it I often find myself going 60 on back roads without even feeling like I am.

My first BMW

Matt Strausser, 01/04/2021
M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My first and definitely not last. I'm 6'1" 225 and this fits me well. I also have back issues that I do not experience at all in this vehicle. I looked at all the competitors in this class and for me the BMW won because of the 6 cylinder, the space for rear passengers, and wow is it fun to drive.

So much fun!!

Mk, 12/22/2020
M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Great vehicle Electronics like they suppose, The driving is very engaging,fun great exhaust, not to much but just perfect . Very nimble Just a great all around crossover With good gas mileage for such s powerful engine.

From RDX to X

Jeff Finkel, 12/18/2020
xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just traded in 2019 Acura RDX for this model. Couldn’t be happier. Although the RDX tech model seemed perfect. (Although there was some tech problems at first) . But, I found this model to be just the right stuff. My X3 gave me a step up in comfort and in tech extras. It’s a great choice.

5 out of 5 stars

Quick acceleration and great gas mileage

Rob, 05/15/2021
xDrive30e 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

First BMW I've owned but very happy. Got the 2021 30e hybrid since it was some $1200 less than the 30i with tax credit. Gives a very quiet ride with nearly instant acceleration making it lots of fun to drive. Can pass cars and trucks on highway with easy, even crusing at 70+ mph. Have been getting 40-65 mpg on short trips (50-100 miles) without trying, but drops to low 30's on long 200-400 mile trips. I hardly buy it any gas. Worried about its listed 320 mile limited range but it has been more like 350-425 so has not been an issue at all. Always get more than 20+ mile electric range. Very comfortable on longer drives. Bought in part due to its IIHS crash numbers which rank among the best. Got several options (parking assist, drivers assist pro, Premium package) which bumped the price up $6k but feel it was worth it. With 12k mileage, no issues. Perhaps the best car I ever bought. Quiet ride, fast when needed, nice interior plus great gas mileage. What's not to like?