Used 2006 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Fantastic car
By So Cal Happy

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I went to get a new 2010 750LI from my local dealer. After the sticker shock ($100k) he then took me for a drive in a 2007 750. I was shocked at how well it drove! Really, it drove just like a new one. I then shopped around. I found a local private party with an 06 750LI certified with the extended maint program. This means all warranty and service paid for 100% by BMW to 100k mi. or another nearly 3 years from my purch. date. Price paid, just over 30k. I couldn't be happier. The car is AMAZING, runs great and is reliable. It is such a pleasure to drive. Fast, roomy, handles. I have had several cars in the 70k plus range and this beats them all! Save a bunch - go used

Fast engine, smooth as silk trans, power everything

The Nav is just okay.

dont buy one new
By dawg

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Do not buy this car new unless you have endless cash to burn. Resale value of my 2006 is 28,000. Bought it new in 06 for 85,000. The 3 series is worth more than the 7 series after about 6 years. Great car if you can afford to lose money. This would be an excellent buy for someone wanting a used car.

Love It!
By DMapp-OTown

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After having owned Infinitis, Lincolns, and various other luxury brands, this is by far the best car I have ever driven. Even though this was the first time that I purchased a used vehicle, the car is in excellent condition. A former corporate unit, the car was barely used and came with every option except rear DVD. A big surprise has been how fuel efficient the car has been. This model is worth a serious look.

Comfort Access and luxury seats

More driver friendly Navigation system

Transmission failure
By NKadi

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Took my 750LI 2006 to the dealership for a "kick" in the transmission while shifting. They recommended and did a software update. Took it for a test drive and within the 1st few minutes, I noticed that the kick has gotten rougher then the warning light came on indicating a fault in the transmission & went in a safe mode. Took it back in & after running a scan, they said it needed a new transmission. I asked them to clear the fault code, and drove off. Surprisingly the car ran normal for the next few days which compelled me to consult other technicians. Some believe it could be a sensor problem misreading data which caused it to go in safe mode. nothing wrong with Transmission. BMW NO ethics!

Totally Stoked Dude!
By LSUBimmerMan

2006 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This car is everything I've always wanted in a car and then some!! Excellent drive, road manners and a serious head turner. Love it!!

I love the soft close doors, push button trunk close, pretty good gas mileage for a large car, navigation, sirius satellite radio, comfort seats,"real" cup holders.

Good old BMW electrical gremlins. Cheaper repair bills!!