Skip to main content

4.75 out of 5 stars

BEST CAR EVER!?!

WHITELIONDSS, 11/05/2002
735i 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR IS SIMPLY THE BEST I'VE EVER DRIVEN...ALL ELECTRONICS STILL REIGN SUPREME! ONLY 158,000 MILES AND JUST BREAKING IN! HANDLES WELL AND THE ENGINE STILL LOOKS AND PERFORMS AS IF IT WERE READY TO TAKE ON THE AUTOBAHN! ALERTS YOU WELL IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEEDED MAINTENANCE! A TRUE DREAM! POWER, COMFORT AND SAFETY ALL ROLLED INTO ONE!

4.25 out of 5 stars

best car yet

bmw spokesmen, 08/04/2009
735i 4dr Sedan

well first off i live this car best experience yet drives great for having so much mileage on the car had the car a few months maintenance was kept up to date. very fast car never have problems going around people on the high way.

25 YEAR OLD 735

scary71@gmail.com, 08/16/2015
updated 02/16/2016
735i 4dr Sedan

I wanted one of these since I was 18. 43 now and finally found one. One owner. A literal barn find. Purchased in May of 2015. Stored inside, parked since 09. After an oil & trans fluid change, as well as general and thorough tune up, I gently started driving her around. A few quirks popped up right away...mostly electrical. After pulling the modules located in the engine compartment and cleaning all the contacts, all electrical oddness disappeared. These vehicles are very sensitive to incorrect voltage. Clean, clean and clean again all the connections you can get to. Good idea to check all your vacuum lines and fuel lines as well. Couple of complaints. ..by no means are these a deal breaker. No cup holders, no tilt wheel with the air bag equipped versions. Love the fancy cassette deck. Brightest darn headlights ever. Love the big cars. Grew up driving USA made 60s and 70s luxury barges, so this is right where I like to be. A bit more refined. Very quick and nimble for a 4000lb vehicle. Overall super cool. Steer clear if you're not a car guy though. These are older and will need work. Suspension for sure. Heavy cars=hard on your suspension and steering components. I could go on. ..and on. Again, overall super awesome and rad! UPDATE: Been driving this almost a year. It's the middle of winter here. Overall, still not bad. I can say the traction in the deeper snow isn't all that. By deeper snow I mean 4" plus. Driving traction isn't the killer, it's the acceleration traction. Take it easy, don't spin the wheels. Use the trans 321 gear selectors. Yes, I did put 4 brand new tires on it in May. Hankook vs2 I believe. I also run with the specified winter ballast weight in the trunk. After all , it is a RWD vehicle. Maybe look for one with the optional traction control if you're put off by this. I've had two issues crop up in the past year. Again, if you do your homework, you'll see these are typical issues with these vehicle and I'm not holding it against the vehicle itself. Leaking radiator (common to crack at the inlet/outlet) the "shimmy" or "wobble" so I'll be replacing those worn control arms as weather permits. Along with the radiator. No biggie. Both jobs look pretty simple.

Love this car

Cristoforo Gabellini, 12/22/2016
updated 12/30/2019
735i 4dr Sedan

This is my second one. First one was in a flood and to much wrong to restore. I found this one through my cousin who lived next to the older gentleman that had originally purchased it brand new. It was so amazing the color inside and out with all the options i wanted. Alway garage kept never driven in the winter. Cannot say enough great things about this car. But remember never buy the 740i or the 750i models have a lot of engine and electrical problems. But the straight six 3.5 liter engine is great and with the super charger it is even faster than the 740i and the 750i. It rides like a Rolls Royce and handles like a Ferrari. Yes when you put it in gear the rear end sinks down to put more wait on the rear wheels for traction. I never have gotten stuck in the snow or slid with this car. The engine just purrs and when you close the trunk, hood or doors it just has that nice click like you just got out of a Roll Royce. Something I have missed on the new ones. When I travel on the Highway there is nearly any road noice. In the winter I do keep it in the garage out of the weather and drive my 1993 BMW 525iT because it looks like it just came out of the show room.