Used 2014 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 5 Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great car!

R. B., 05/03/2017
535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Just bought a CPO 3-year old 535i xDrive 4 days ago. It's so much fun to drive! I'm 6'3" and I am very comfortable in the driver's seat; the electrically adjustable seats and steering wheel can accommodate just about anyone. It's got two settings: Sport mode and Comfort mode; I've been driving mostly in Comfort mode. The computer smooths out the whole ride experience. If you switch to Sport mode it's like you're in an M3. Very spunky, tight and...well...sporty. My only complaint is the Navigation system. The computer often can't understand what I'm saying and will try to send me somewhere 1500 miles away like Idaho. My smartphone's navigation is easier to use, so i just use that. Overall, a very nice ride. Go test drive it! You'll like it.

Better than I expected

Norm, 10/09/2017
528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought the car 3 years old with 33,000 miles on it. The car now has 59,000 on it. Nothing but a pleasure to drive. Happy with the decision to buy the 5 series. I have only had to pay for scheudled maintenance. The costs are high, but I take the car to the dealer and not a personal mechanic.

Oil Gasket leak at 54000 miles

Reading PA Driver, 02/06/2019
535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Took my car in for an oil change at 54000 miles and was told I needed a $1500 gasket replacement. I asked how a gasket would go on a car that is only 4 years old and was told it happens. BMW said I was out of warranty. If you purchase this car be prepared for expensive repairs with low mileage.

First Beemer

Texas T, 01/06/2020
550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Picked up a 2014 550i last week, and I absolutely love it. It's powerful, super smooth and very pleasing to the eye. I opted to replace the run flat tires with a conventional set and tote a tire fix kit though. I enjoyed the way it felt with the run flats even though their more rigid and don't seem to absorb shock as well as conventional tires but after the new tires it's absolutely incredible, you can feel a distinctive difference in the ride, handling and braking. I pretty much love everything about this car and if you already own one I don't even have to talk about the seat, if you don't, you gotta check out the seat. I can't wait to take it on a road trip.

Gasket oil leak problem

John Smith, 03/10/2021
528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Consumer beware. Car runs & drives great. However, around 60k miles the valve cover gasket began to leak. This is a $1500 repair. Just discovered this is a common problem with this car. This should never happen on a car with 60k miles!