Used 2004 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 466 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love them or hate them, it depends
By ILeftNJ

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had to chuckel at another review I just read. My biggest complaint is how darn much money I put into this car, On the other hamd I drive it hard all year long and use on my sales job. II got it with 88,000 mi and put on 50,000 miles. At least two new sets of brakes. Total overhaul of cooling system that a NMW mechanic did after I messed it up $3200. I took a 6 year long and sure enough I owe nore than the car is worth. Did I say I love to drive it, detail it zoom in the left lane at 90 mph. For now I am going to hang on to it maybe even restore the interior. It has become a hobby, way cheaper than a boat.

First Bimmer Best car Ever!
By randazzle

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Pluses: Performance and handling are incredible;high quality build, great engineering Minuses: Sensors that monitor sensors in Emissions control system (difficult to diagnose); excessive brake dust on wheels, smallish back seat, speeding ticket expense (you cant help it), trunk CD changer skips over bumps

aaa+++
By Tom

2004 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Young man's car.

NOT GOOD...
By Kari

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle in 2012. By two years I had double paid for this vehicle. The instrument cluster panel even went out. I heard from three mechanics that they have never seen this happen to any vehicle and that cost was almost $2K. At to this very day I have replaced the instrument cluster panel, the valve cover gasket, the coolant expansion tank, the radiator, the control arms w/bushings, the radiator fan clutch, oil pan, oil pan plug, split leather seats, rear ABS speed sensor, broken center console, headliner & interior fabric issues and anything else that was plastic. Long story short I have paid two times plus the purchase price (value) for this vehicle in 4+ years, wow! She is now at 165000 miles which I appreciate however I had over 187000 on a Nissan Altima and spent less than a $1K in repairs. They say the BMW's will run forever... yes, I suppose they will. So will I if you replace "all of my parts!" Since owning this vehicle I have appreciated the turning radius, the vehicular power, e.g. her get up and go, but my overall disappointment as you deal with this vehicle... OUCH and never again!!!! Unless I am so wealthy and can just burn money I will never own another.

Great car
By Randall Randall

2004 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car, I bought my wagon with 91k miles on it and it still drives fantastic. The only issu is the intermittent coolant light that is driving me crazy. Otherwise it still corners, accelerates, and is comfortable as new.