Used 2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Good to the end
By DrBob

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

A stiff but comfortable ride, excellent performance in all respects and a solid, reliable transportation module. Fun to drive, with very good fuel economy for all the performance offered. SIDE NOTE: This car met its demise battling a much larger Honda Pilot that was going the wrong way on a narrow divided highway with concrete barriers on both sides of the lanes. The agility of this car allowed me to avoid an almost inevitable head-on collision, instead only getting clipped by the other car as I almost cleared its rear end after the driver blocked the entire road with a last second swerve across the center of the road. I'll miss it.

Better than a bloated 3 series!
By cb

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do you miss the 3 series of old? Tired of driving a sporty Buick? The 128i will reconnect you with what driving a BMW is suppose to be: Awesome!
Six years later, I still love this car. Great car to drive--some problems with the stereo interface and other electronics. Not planning on trading it in any time soon.

Lots of engine for such a small car!!!
By Zach Abelardo

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The result is a truly impressive power-to-weight ratio. BMW used their time-tested inline six, with bulletproof reliability and hits it out of the park. I also tested a new, 2015 Audi A3 and the 128i still runs circles around it. Where else can you get Porsche Boxster performance for under $30,000? Nowhere...that's where!

If this car cannot get your blood boiling.....you're already DEAD.

Never Turning Back
By bimmerfan19

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put 9k miles on this car since 12/2012, and from day 1, I became a BELIEVER. This car is the Benchmark of what any car under $100,000 should feel like. I've literally had ZERO issues with this car, which I find quite surprising since I drive it like I stole it 90% of the time. Long trips are very comfortable, short trips very manageable. The twin turbos have ZERO lag, and the handling is razor sharp. The breaking will have your eyes oozing out it's sockets. It feels like every grain on the road comes through the steering wheel. It's Definitely a Highway car, although I look forward to a drag challenge. Word of caution however...a gasoline sipper, it is NOT.

Brutal torque, heart beating handling and eye catching design.

Would have been great if it could synch to my Android blue tooth MP3's...

Have had it a month
By greasemonkey8

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Was very surprised to find that this vehicle had enough room for me, considering a 40 inch inseam. And I mean, no cramping at all. that being said, this is my 4th BMW since 1985 - Have liked them all. Have strayed over the years, but everytime I come back to BMW I know why. There's just something different about them. Perhaps that's why they are called the ultimate driving machine :)

Mine came with all the packages, sans the navi. Why bother with it these days if you have a smart phone right? I can't say there is anything I don't like about. Coming out of a larger vehicle, I really like the size and the power even in the 128 at 230hp is ABUNDANT. I have the paddle shifters and the great thing about them is that you don't have to mess with the console shifter to work with them. Make your decision, press to downshift, floor and launch. My only complaint will come as I sign on the dotted line for my first speeding ticket :(

As was previously mentioned, the standard sound system, while listed as having 10 speakers, actually only has 6. Two rear, two door and two subs in the floor under the seats. I thought this would really be a bother coming from a vehicle that speakers coming from every space and surround sound, but it's tolerable and sounds the best when utilizing the ipod side of my iPhone. They could have added in some tweeters on the doors at least