Used 2014 Audi TT Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi TT Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Fun but Risky
By Alice

2014 Audi TT 2.0T quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I loved my little TT for the 5 months I owned it except I would only suggest it to people than can pay for repairs. I had the vehicle two months and the heater stopped working on it. Thankfully the dealership I bought it from understood my frustration and only charged $100. It ran very well and strong the next few months, no signs of loss of power in hard on-ramp pulls or quick passing over-takes of slow moving cars. But then, one day put her in drive and the car lurched forward and my dash lit up with several warning lights. After only 5 months, my engine had blown without any warning - and not to mention the dealer had just checked it out only 3 months prior to. It would have cost over $10k to fix if I had not had the after-market dealership warranty. But by the point I was disappointed my very fun car had been so much work after only owning her for 5 months that I got rid of her. Buy it if you want to have LOTS of fun in the sun and/or snow and have the money to fix her when she throws a fit.

Ignore the reviewers!
By somuchbetter

2014 Audi TT 2.0T quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

600 miles in on an S-line TT purchased Labor Day despite the reviewers hating on it. She is practically perfect!!! My 120 mile, mostly highway commute to D.C. often becomes stop & go. It often flurries and/or rains in rush hour. She is easy to park, has good brakes, fits 2+a small dog crate w/the seats folded down, has AWD w/ a reputation for being great on wet roads & gets decent mileage. I know its not a "real sportscar" (we have an S2000 so I know the difference) but I think most people who think they want a sportscar really want an eye-catching fast daily driver.
Strangers compliment her. Her IBIS white is extremely visible. Build quality seems as good as husband's Mercedes ML.

1. Nappa leather seats w/ lumbar support are very comfortable (not cold enough yet for the heated seats but I'm sure that will be nice too). 2. Hatchback is convenient for stashing workout clothes etc... 3. Wonderful stereo. 4. Seats fold almost flat for small dog crate. 5. Spoiler pops up going 75 or if I push the button. 6. Stops quickly. 7. Visibility is pretty good and it has a sensor that beeps when I'm backing up if I'm near anything. 8. Feels solid and safe with the road hugging quattro. 9. Turbo makes it easy to get moving and pass others 10. Lights are bright. 11. Fun and practical in a beautiful package.

1. It would be nice if the seats folded 100% completely flat (a jetta I had previously did this by allowing the back seat cushions to fold forward so obviously Audi knows how to do this; its a mystery why they won't). 2. Bring over the diesel so the TT can get even better mileage. 3. Automatically folding mirrors so I don't have to worry about them in the parking garage (mine only fold manually which means if there's a tight squeeze I have to get out to put them in). 4.Update the tech to match other german offerings. No reason to have DVD based nav for example.