2013 Audi A7 Consumer Review: Look somewhere else

2013 Audi A7 - Consumer Review

Premium quattro Sedan (3.0L V6 Supercharger AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Look somewhere else
By spaquelet on

2013 Audi A7 Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

"Brand new with 95 miles on it and it broke less than 24 hours after driving it off of the lot. O2 sensor was bad and an actuator (whatever that is) needed to be moved.
Start-stop is very inconsistent.
Plastic modeling near side mirror had to be replaced and whole car started to shake from defrost on 4/9. Cruise control is very poor (jumpy, not smooth). Climate control also acts like Jeckel and Hyde. Overall the car is worth about $40,000. The only thing going for it is that it looks great. Needs an economy mode as the computer often chooses a gear to low for economy. Audi has offered little help!

Car was eventually replaced after I filed a lemon law complaint. New car also has a few bugs but much better than the first. However, car has a MSRP of over $72,000 and has been to the shop twice in the first 3 months. Not good! I would avoid Audi at all costs.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By spaquelet
on 11/15/16 13:52 PM (PST)

I have not had good success with the Audi repair/dealers. I think they would tell me anything to get me out of there. However, my care was replaced with a 2016 A7 and it is working much better though still not error free.

By jmrdkr
on 07/07/14 05:05 AM (PDT)

Your "Jeckel and Hyde" climate control is a software bug. Both my local Audi service center at the dealership and Audi corporate has confirmed this issue on my 2013 A-7. Bottom line, the airflow distribution setting does not work properly. The setting changes after the car is turned off and then restarted at some later time. And when the car is started, the air distribution setting displayed on the MMI display is different than the air distribution setting displayed on the climate control display. Once I re-adjust the air distribution setting to what I want, the MMI display and the climate control display will "sync up." The dealership service center let me know approx. 9 months ago that this is a known "software bug" in all 2013 and 2014 A-6 and A-7s (for models with the front seat ventilation feature). This issue has been logged with Audi engineers, and no fix currently exists; and no time table is know for when this will get fixed. I call the dealership about once a month to see if a fix has been created. I also was told by the Audi service center that the sales people do not tell customers of this problem/bug when selling the car.