2017 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

A-6 is A OK with me
By Bruce Hugunin

2017 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Warning... once you have one Audi, nothing else measures up. Mine is the 2024 prestige A-6 diesel. Yes I had to have the fix for diesel, but the company treated me great. I get about 40 on the highway and 27 in town. This is my 2nd A-6... the other was gas. So fun to drive. Every wants me to drive. I love the comfort. Its funny, when I run into other Audi drivers, we all seem to smile and feel we discovered a great secret. I will never have anything but an Audi!

The best of the luxury sedans in this segment
By Highly Satisfied A6 Owner

2017 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I looked at a lot of options, including the new redesigned E Class. This had all the options I wanted, comfortable ride, but sporty feel. Great daily driver, great road trip car. Whisper quiet inside. Only feature I would like is remote start, but alas, Audi doesn't support that in any of its lineup. Was a reasonable tradeoff for all the other features and benefits of this car. Outstanding!

Disappointed
By Daniel

2017 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Several problems occurred upon delivery, like need to replace warped brake rotors, repair vacuum leak, and splitting paint and rust along welded seam on roof. Also, problem with radio turning on by itself several times each time car is started - dealer cannot fix. Seats not very comfortable on long drives, despite being very adjustable. Brake feel is mushy and uncertain. I traded a 2008 A6 for this car, and although the ride and safety features have improved, I prefer the old one.

Jose
By Jose

2017 Audi A6 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I love my Audi A6

Not the newest German mid size but still great
By Chicago Mark

2017 Audi A6 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Looked at the 2016 BMW 5 series and the latest Mercedes E class (4 cylinder model). Ruled out the new 5 series for fear of 1st model year run reliability woes and the 6 cylinder E class is just too expensive. Just loved the ride and handling of the A6, it's the right combination of sport and luxury. Plus this is the only German midsize you can order with REAR side airbags and of course outstanding crash testing. The ride and handling are outstanding. Some formal car magazine reviews had stated the steering is numb or light but I do not have that impression. The V6 gives you power whenever you want. I purchased a factory order Premium Plus with 19" sport package and the layered walnut. The 19" wheels ride well without added harshness and the 10 spoke wheels look stunning when paired with Florett Silver body color. The black headliner with black leather and layered walnut wood option make the cabin exceptionally rich. The MMI interface doesn't take that long to figure out. Voice commands are a little slow but the map with google earth view is pretty cool. The instrument cluster driver display can be customized to show different driver info and is nearly the equal of the newer cars that have the all digital display for the driver instrument panel. The Bose stereo is good but not great (and wasn't going to cough up $4200 for the Bang and Olufsen upgrade). Driver's assistance package work very well especially the adaptive cruise control keeping distance from the car ahead of you and lane assist keeping you in the lane. Yes it's the oldest of the German luxury mid sized sedans in terms of this version, but it stacks up well to the competition. I love it and have NO regrets buying it.