Used 2004 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A) Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

Nice, Costly Family Sportster

Nice, Costly Car, 08/26/2009
4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car from pampering owner. I had a '98 A8 10yrs ago that I prefer. The car looks awesome but I find myself nickel and diming my way through ownership of this Audi too. Both of my 5 series BMW's and my two Volvo's (S60 & S80) were much less expensive to own. I hit a small deer at 20 mph that cost 5K to repair- chalk 1 for the dealer. Can't seem to get the ride completely smooth and the dealership always finds something. The car is not as fast off the line as the engine sounds, but it is great on the highway. Big gas tank is great for trips and the highway mpg is great--especially compared to the dismal in-city driving with a heavy foot. Overall- not sure it's worth it.

Rocket Ship

kennorlander, 04/02/2005
4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a A4 with the 1.8T and quattro, and it was absolutely gutless. I liked Audi's build quality though, and decided to get another, just with more power, and I am throughly impressed! It accelerates so effortlessly, and is almost as fast as my father's 2005 Mercedes SL500! I would highly recommend this car.

2004 Audi A6 4.2 is a thrill to own

missmolie, 11/29/2003
4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2004 A6 4.2. It has the premium sound package, including the XM ssatellite radio system. It really goes in the snow. I had a 2001 Lexus GS430 This car is just as cushy and powerful. The interior is well laid out. All the driver info is displayed in the middle of the dash, ahead of the steering wheel. I can keep my eyes ahead and know the time and which radio station is playing. The exterior styling is graceful, but not overbearing. One caveat, If you'reconsidering a built-in navigation system, get the Magellan Roadmate 700 gps unit instead. Audi's unit is inferior.

Help, please send money!

Michael Gitz, 08/13/2016
4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Love it. Just wish I didn't have to put so much money in it. When it rains it pours. My eyes were bigger than my stomach. Could be an awesome car. Love working on it (a lot). Everything is a pain to get to. Nothing is simple. I do love my car though. I guess because I am still paying on it.

Love the car

gregda, 11/29/2003
4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I own two BMW's (540 and 328ci) and enjoy many of the features in the A6 more. I looked at the BMW 545, but was sold on the all wheel drive of the audi. Other features between BMW and Audi were comparable on whole. I love the car which is solid and fun.