Used 2010 Audi A5 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A5 Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

My cherry bomb!
By MLoudis

2010 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had my Audi for two weeks, but I love this car. It definitely can get out of its own way, but on the average it gets 30 mpg. Much better than my Passat (but I'm still keeping that too). It's about as quiet as my Passat when the top is up. It has useful storage with the back seats down. This will be my daily driver in PA, and it's quite capable of doing that.

50+ Guy's Dream Car
By Cranmer

2010 Audi A5 2.0T Quattro Cabriolet is a very satisfying car. I love to drop the top and drive this car, if I do not have an errand, I'll cruise to Home Depot for a stroll. It's a bit underpowered if you want to be the first off the line at a redlight, but all the looks and functionality far make up for it. Regarding a comment about the soft top wearing out early, I cannot support that review. I'm on the original soft top at 77000 miles and it show no wear or disintegration. Plainly stated, it is fun drive and my best car buy of my life.

UPDATE: I'm now a 60+ guy. I still have the same love for this car. I "find" opportunities to go to Home Depot so that I can drop the top and enjoy the Spring weather in Texas. Sadly, the glue that held in the back window failed and of course we had heavy rains. I ended up replacing the soft top and the interior carpet. The good news: my State Farm Insurance covered it. For me, this car is part of "Living the good life!".

A sow's ear
By sapodilla

2010 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Before you buy this wonderful car, please be aware that your convertible top will desintigrate in about 25,000 miles. It will cost you approximately $ 8,000 to get a new one. My dealership got it down to $ 4,000 .I am suspicious . It is not covered in the warranty.
Otherwise I have enjoyed driving this car. It is a 2010 A5 with 25,000 miles up. I am hardly ever here hence the low mileage. It is parked in the garage of my building. It does not receive any bad weather and is hand washed.
My only other gripe is that you cannot pop the trunk from inside the vehicle.
I was going to buy another Audi . Maybe an A7 . Now I am thinking that because Audi made no attempt to explain why my convertible top had to be replaced .
I can no longer trust Audi . If that happens , what else could happen?
I am now looking at BMW , volvo , and Jaguar.
Just beware.

Go For Quattro
By Go for Quattro

2010 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Dreamed of car since Nov. when seen at auto show. Beautiful car, lots of comments. Only wish I had opted for Quattro. ENORMOUS amount of torque steer and cvt is not very enthusiastic or enjoyable to drive for this price. Wish had test driven quattro more, but in short supply at dealers. Have had top issue from factory not installing hydraulic lines for top appropriately. Otherwise, I love this car. Would have given up some of the fantastic millage for performance and real transmission. Audi missed here and now I can't afford to change. Quattro would have been perfect, as I had opportunity to drive quattro while mine was being repaired. Radio/climate controls take attention from driving

exterior/interior look, convertible top great entry level stereo. fantastic gas mileage, 24-25 city driving if drive easy, 30 highway. Comfort

Include better base engine/transmission configuration, more standard features for price, very expensive. Would still buy again, but with Quattro option. Dealership, not of quality of luxury brand. No thank you/follow up.

Audi A5 Cabriolet
By Guillermo

2010 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Exceptionally comfortable ride. Handles well in town and on hi-way. Soft top allows golf club storage in trunk with top down or two carry-on bags for weekend travel. MMI intuitive and ergonomically organized. Safe, smooth transition from radio, cd, dvd, nav, phone. Looks great. Engine solid with no sense of gear change in CVT. Not as powerful from a dead stop through an intersection but quick and agile on highway.

Seats, soft top and storage space, MMI