Used 2005 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Very Happy
By Sjan3

2005 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Repair costs on the high side but my A4 has been very reliable and fun to drive!

Really Terrible Car with Great Attraction
By Steve G

2005 Audi A4 3.0 Fwd 2dr Cabriolet (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car is so expensive to fix even if you are a mechanic. There is nothing that you or any mechanic can work on that doesn't include removing 9 different things in order to access the parts. It is a NIGHTMARE. I got more for my car when I parted it out than what I paid for it because the parts are ridiculously expensive, the dealers control access to parts and the part fail consistently. Based on just the common misfires on this model (which could be one of 10 different problems) I would NEVER buy a used Audi ever again. Positives... Really great sporty drive, great sound system, great look.

Awesome Car!!!
By David J

2005 Audi A4 New 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Over all its a great car before buying one make sure you do your homework on the car. make sure the car was maintained well . I had a 98 Audi a very long time ago and had nothing but bad luck with it and it was the first Audi I ever owned. I never thought I would buy another one. But I found a 2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 3.2 that caught my eye. It had all the service records with it since it was bought new and it ended up being a one owner car and all repairs was done at the Original Audi dealership that it came from. I lucked out there. The car handles so great it hugs the road and still looked like new. So I couldn't pass it up . It was the best car purchase ive made in a long time . Only one thing I had to repair these cars are known for glovebox hinge to break. Which was a easy fix .

What a great car !!
By reality5

2005 Audi A4 New 2.0T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have over 160K miles on
my Audi A4 AWD 2.0 turbo now & it runs as good as the day I bought it , maybe better as it is certainly broken in now .
I have taken excellent care of this car at the dealer & it is a fantastic vehicle . Fast , smooth & reliable it was just driven 15 hrs back from NCarolina through the mountains in a blizzard with no issues or slippage at all -0- . Have new set of Blizzaks on this year for a terrible winter & the car just goes & goes , the only issue is ground clearance .

Engine & turbo combo with trans . Car is fast but gets decent mileage , handles well & has a great stereo . I have owned maybe 30 cars in a long driving career as a field engineer & this car is by far my favorite . I will never sell this car & will drive it until it just crumbles on the road .

The only way to make this car better is to give it away for 50 bucks . G

Welp..
By nightseeker

2005 Audi A4 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchase an early 05 B6 1.8 about six months ago with about 110k on it. I have put about 4K miles, $4K into it so far. As soon as I replace one thing it throws two new codes, pretty frustrating to say the least.

I Love/Hate this car. Don't buy one of these unless you can afford to fix it, or fix it yourself. At this point it should be good til 200K but I'm not convinced.

-Brake switch
-ECU- Coolant migrated through wiring into my computer and fried it.
-Fan Module
-Turbo - was bad, upgraded to K04& remapped software.
-MAF sensor
-Ignition Coils
-Oil Level/Temp sensor
-Thermostat
-Engine speed sensor
-Shift lock Solenoid is out now but will still shift out of park if you know the trick.