2015 Audi A3 Diesel Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

I said "Bye, Felicia!" to a BMW 328 for this car
By Gordo

2015 Audi A3 Diesel 2.0 TDI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I purchased this car as a CPO with 13,000 miles (it was a dealer loaner) after getting rid of a very problematic BMW that was in the shop every month for the 9 months that I had it (always a new issue). I was leery about getting another VW product after being burned with issues galore by two late 90's-era Jettas and my 2004 Passat, but that was a long time ago and I had recently read that Audi reliability was #3 or #4 out of all brands, so I took a leap o' faith.

It's been a month, and so far, I have been VERY impressed. I actually have the 1.8T with the Premium Plus package, and it has everything I could ever want-heated seats, Nav (which comes with a free 6 month subscription to AT&T that turns the car into a rolling hotspot and links the Nav up to Google Earth-which is pure awesomeness), Dual Climate AC, and the best part of all-the Bang & Olufsen stereo-which truly is "banging'". I had the Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade in my 328, and I didn't think it was possible-but the B & O system is way better! Thus far everything is working as it should-no interior lights have burned out nor interior trim pieces have broken off, a la my previous VW's.

I recently broke the car in on a Cannonball run to West Texas-6 hours in the car and the seats still felt comfortable. The car is rock-steady at 90-100 MPH, and passing power is more than ample. My only complaints are sometimes there is excessive road noise (dependent on the road surface, of course)-but I believe this is due to the lower-profile optional 18-inch 10 spokes that I have on my car. Also, due to these tires, you can feel more imperfections in the road, and I don't like the way the brakes feel when braking with these tires, either.

The car is small, but it's designed to be a small car so I'm really surprised when people say the trunk space and backseat are inadequate. Duh. I have no kids so it's a perfect size-my BMW was actually too big for my preferences. The gas tank is relatively small, so I find myself filling up more only due to its size (I think 12 or 13 gallons max) and not due to bad fuel economy-in the traffic hell that is Austin I still average 28 MPG.

This car is right-sized with very sophisticated styling that pictures don't do justice. I think these cars are a fantastic value if you get a slightly used one, mine brand new cost $37K with all the options I have.

surprisingly missing some standard stuff
By Anthony K.

2015 Audi A3 Diesel 2.0 TDI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Let me say right off that I love the car. Having owned 4 diesel VW Jetta's previously, it was time to move up.
A few small quibbles though: No heated seats??? Are you kidding? My last Jetta cost 14 grand less and had heated seats.
And the big gripe: You cannot move the or extend the sun visors. In other words, if the sun is coming at you from the side and you position the the visor to your left while driving, there is a huge 7 inch gap, which cannot be blocked because the visor will not slide in or out. Again, even the cheaper Jetta could do that.
Very annoying.
Oh, and the GPS system is fairly useless, and will be expensive to update, and event which can only occur once per year???!!! Stick with Google maps.
Other than that, the car is extremely solid, and very confidence inspiring while driving.

Audi vs BMW
By DogDays

2015 Audi A3 Diesel 2.0 TDI Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

UPDATED REVIEW:
I don't need to write about dieselgate which applies to my car because we all now what a disaster this is for TDI owners and the environment!
Functionality: the NAVIGATION is THE PITS. First of all it doesn't recognize many street addresses, businesses and locations. It doesn't take into account traffic- I live in LA so it's useless and it gives you random hazard alerts that are hundreds of miles away- there is no way to program this. In short, the navigation is 100% USELESS and I am forced to use Wayz every time I get in my car.
BLUETOOTH: NOBODY CAN HEAR WHEN I TALK ON THE PHONE USING MY BLUETOOTH. I have to move my head close to the speaker and shout into it. Other issues: the car doesn't come or even make an emergency spare key (usually plastic) so if you surf, don't want the valet to have access to everything in your trunk, or are sporty it's a huge inconvenience- the only option is carrying a very bulky metal key.
Positives: the trunk has hooks which are great for grocery bags.
The car looks great and sporty but I certainly don't get the mileage advertised.

Truth in Mpg 44.2
By dilbert1463

2015 Audi A3 Diesel 2.0 TDI Prestige 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Update: VW Diesel Scandel has changed my opinion 180 Degrees. Can't wait to trade away from this car. Don't want to be associated with VW Audi. Who knows what other representations are false? Safety ? Reliability?

Horrible Service
By rickykim714

2015 Audi A3 Diesel 2.0 TDI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Bought a 2015 Audi A3 a little over a month ago. Great car, but having problems with the navigation MMI already. Tells me that the car is somewhere I am not, and doesn't catch the speed traps which all other Audi's do here in Korea. Took it to AUDI KOREA service center twice and they can't figure it out. Basically told me I am out of luck. This is of course AFTER taking my car our for a 44 km joy ride and unplugging the black box so there would be no evidence (expect for my empty gas tank). I just hope Audi Headquarters finds a solution to fix the MMI because the AUDI KOREA dealership and service center are incompetent and horrible. Please hire employees that know how to fix their own produc

Gas mileage