Used 2006 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 203 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

tsx
By joe

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

great car; very few complaints; does shift wierd, 1st gear to second! but i overcome that by using manual mode; shifting at around 5-6mph {1-2nd} then putting it back in drive or keep it in manual. Rides good, comftrable but sluggish real sluggish need to hit past 3k rpm to get it moving

My first Acura
By MusicGuy

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's not easy to find one in good shape, but the 2006-2008 TSX is fantastic. I bought an 06 with 150K and love it every time I get behind the wheel. Controls are logically laid out and where you would want them. The true quality is in the driving experience. I test drove both Mercedes and BMW but neither was as much fun to drive as this car! The engine power seems well balanced to the car and never feels like it breaks a sweat. The size is perfect, as the TL is larger but also heavier and gets horrible MPG. This get s 25 city and 30 highway. I was lucky and found one that was garage kept and faithfully maintained by the dealer. Other perks are the sound system, xenon headlights, ancient but very usable NAV, and looks almost new.

Very Good
By drive123

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Acura/Honda really made a good car with this one. Had car over 4 yrs. Great, precise handling and sublime shifting action with 6 speed manual. Purchased the Acura A-Spec suspension kit that adds to handling and gives car slightly more aggressive stance. Extensive standard equipment list as well (I like the xenons). A lot of people think my car is a lot more recent and are shocked when I tell them it's an '06. Very comfortable seats as well. Also has nice and sharp, clean sedan looks to it and isn't too gaudy (see 10th gen Civic) and doesn't have looks that will age with time like a lot of new designs. Visibility is good all around even with rear wing spoiler. Only thing I wish was that the city gas mileage was better, especially considering this car isn't a blazer. Also wish passenger window had auto up/down feature. I've also noticed recently I've had to carry around a quart of oil around between oil changes to top off. Car does have close to 110k now however. Overall great car that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a sporty entry level luxury car. To me Acura was at their peak with the 04-08 TSX and TL. Now they sadly don't even offer a manual option for any car in their lineup.

My first real car... and I'm in love
By Raffiki

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Coming off of driving a 2000 BMW Z3 I certainly had an appetite for something with a sporty feel. But for a daily commuter I needed something a bit more practical. As soon as I got behind the wheel to test this car I knew I was going to buy it. The perforated leather seats maintain a modern look and offer great comfort (I've even received compliments on comfort from passengers in the back seats). The steering feels precise and "substantial"... it feels sporty and heavy enough but is still smooth and comfortable. I was actually quite impressed with the headlights as they are very brights and white. Significantly better than many other cars I've driven. The audio system and aux input are more than enough for me to appreciate some music and podcasts on the way to and from work. All in all this car knows how to have fun while keeping you comfortable and maintaining its composure.

Get one
By Nick lemmon

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The thing I love about this car besides performance, looks and handling is the fact that there are no major inherent problems with this vehicle. So years, makes models of cars have known major issues like bad transmissions, electrical issues etc. but this car has had none. I've owned mine for 4 years and have only had to do basic regular maintenance stuff, oil and filter changes, new tires, brakes battery....so if your looking for a good performance car with little to no major issues go with a tsx.