Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used TL for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Look Forward to Commute Home

joeb30, 07/03/2014
2011 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2011 Black TL with 60,000 miles. My wife asked why does my TL look so sexy (it was parked next to a 2012 Black TL). Mine has the beak painted black, dark tint, painted caliper covers. I keep it clean and it has a deep shine. Do these cosmetic upgrades it the car looks very sexy. It is SH-AWD which translates to fun to drive. Not to be confused with those small foreign sports sedans, my TL drives like an American hot rod. Big interior, big exterior. Except it has all the electronic gadgets you need. In a few drives the buttons become second nature. Reliability - well my 2001 TL has 200,000 miles and still no problems.

My first Acura

kimas, 03/16/2011
2011 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first weekend of ownership, I drove it from Northern California to Los Angeles. The seats are very comfortable for a long drive. I tried all its features during the drive, ie, nav, bluetooth, different audio sources, HFL, etc. Everything worked well. I don't mind the seemingly numerous dash buttons and the exterior. In fact I love them. It took me 30-45 minutes to familiarize myself with the buttons. I have owned a Lexus IS250, ES 300, Volvo S60 and so far, this is the one I love most. My wife currently drives a Lexus ES350 and she can't help but admire my TL.

Traded 2014 Mazda 6 for 2011 Acura TL

J. Palmer, 08/24/2019
updated 03/01/2021
2011 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring (which I liked, but didn't love) to the 2011 TL. The only downside has been fuel economy. Despite Acura's recommendation to use premium fuel, regular works fine. Consumer Reports did some research and found that for almost all "premium recommended" cars, regular 87 gas has no impact on performance, gas mileage, or engine wear. This has been my experience after trying both premium and regular over the first 5K miles that I have owned the car, which I bought in 2019 with 93K miles. Gas mileage was a factor in my decision because the 2014 Mazda 6 Touring that I used to drive got about 27 combined mpg on regular gas. I am at 20 combined mpg with the Acura on regular gas. That is a significant decrease, but it worth the added power to me and not nearly as bad as it could be if I paid for premium gas. It is also worth mentioning that the Acura TL technology package from 2011 did not include the blindspot monitoring that has become almost standard in new cars. That is a great safety feature. There are aftermarket options for blindspot monitoring, but I have not installed that on my Acura. **Update, August 2020: I have had the car for a year and a half. Still very happy with it overall. The interior headliner started sagging in the back after I was driving on the highway with the windows down (not recommended).That's a $300+ fix if done professionally, or a cheap fix with a staple gun if you have given up on the some of the aesthetics of your nine year old car like I have. I have kids who wipe boogers on stuff and kick the back of my seats with muddy shoes, so a stapled headliner is just part of the deal now. At 105K miles, I got the timing belt and water pump replaced per Acura's (and my mechanic's) scheduled maintenance recommendation. I also got new spark plugs. It was $1500 total, but I knew when I bought the car that I would have to get this done at 105K. The car is running great and I have recently started using sport mode sometimes. The performance (acceleration) from sport mode is noticeably different from regular drive mode, but using it only occasionally has dropped my gas mileage from 20 to 18.5mpg average--that is pretty much all city/suburb driving. Update: 2021--The Acura is still great. I plan to keep for another five years and then switch to a 2015-2018 Tesla Model S (if they prove to still be relatively reliable in 2026).

Amazing car!

artanmulla, 09/08/2014
2011 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 acura tl tech package about 6 months ago & i love this car. It is very fun to drive & very comfortable. I have not had a single problem with it currently at 33k miles & all the features it comes with are amazing. Such as heated seats navi rear view camera bluetooth audio. I would recommend this car to anyone it is a sport/luxury car

This is a sedan???

becca00, 05/26/2011
2011 Acura TL Technology Package and 18 Inch Wheels 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, I'm posting this VERY late (had TL for a year, but just bought an MDX in Nov.). I wish I could have both, but not enough garage space. I've had several sedans in the past. This sedan doesn't feel like a sedan, it's a LUXURY SPORTS CAR!!! Handling is fantastic (and I didn't even get the SHAWD). Acceleration is wonderful. All of the tech stuff (nav, ipod hookup, stereo, bluetooth) are perfect. Gas mileage is good. The interior design is far superior to all other sedans I looked at and test drove. I have to say, the exterior is SO nice! I've had more compliments on the look of this car than any other I've had. The exterior look is actually what made me want it in the first place.