Used 2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

What Luxury?
By Bongo Bill

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am having numerous problems with this car. Rack and Pinion is shot, valve cover gasket leaks, it shifts rough, the mirror keeps adjusting itself, the alarm goes off when it wants, the headliner sags. Is there any reason to go on? I thought this was going to be a step up from Honda but I am very disappointed in the quality of this vehicle. I will never buy Acura again! Beware....

Fantastic car no mechanical issues.
By Ed

Well taken care of.

Love / Hate Relatonship
By Ed McW

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My TL Base model is the sportiest car I have ever owned. Bought used with 60K. Love the acceleration and handling. Sexy little growl from the engine, just audible enough to hear, but not interfere. Stereo is best I've ever had in a car. (Had to scratch my head over the cassette player in a 2008 though). And I love the exterior styling, especially the rear tail lights. Totally unique to the 04-08 TL. Awesome cruise control. I regularly get 32 MPG highway. Very comfortable. I drive 600+ miles one way on a bi-weekly basis, with no ill effects. Now for the other side of the story: Bluetooth has never worked. Had to unplug it to keep the car battery from draining. "AC control" is a misnomer. It is either off, or freezing you out. Dealer tech tells me it works great. Leather....oh the leather. Looked great at first, (and I do regular cleaning and conditioning), but the perforated seat surfaces ripped just like the pages out of a spiral bound notebook. And the dash has cracked. It now looks like a map of the Canadian Provinces. Started having mechanical issues around 100K. Coil pack on #3 cylinder melted in the tube, a royal PITA. Next trip the ECM fried, leaving me stranded between work and home. It seems the AC duct work condensed water and dripped onto the ECM. It was full of water and corrosion. It is probable that the ECM caused the coil pack issue. At the 105K mile service, found two broken motor mounts, a common problem I am told. And may as well get the lifetime alignment deal from your local tire store. You will use it three to four times a year. I have never had a car that went out of alignment so easily. So, while I love my TL, I will not buy another, as I can't afford a new one, and will not trust a used one again.

highly satisfied customer
By Dag

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this is very good car if its well maintained, over all i am satisfied, it looks outstanding, even in 2018 it gets complements a lot, very reliable, acceleration is great, its fast car for US highways, but the thing other people might not like is the ride quality, it feels like a track car, it has stiff suspension so keep that in mind, and also the ground clearance is low, the car seats lower than the average sedan, so its good to know these things before buying, for me personally i like the car more for these reasons but other people might not,

Buy this car
By Jason D

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. I drive aggressively and average 24mpg and 28-29 on highway trips. The best shifting manual I have ever owned. Clutch is light compared to most cars and is little difficult to get used to but now I love everything about the car. I purchased at 111k miles (cannot tell a difference in it and 10k mile car) now have 132k in a year and a half of ownership. Does not interface with new smartphones well for Bluetooth is my only real complaint. It is a fantastic car for the most part. The interior is very nice and I have not suffered the notorious dash crack from heat as others have experienced. It would be hard for me to ever get rid of this car I like it that much! Will probably keep until 300k miles + ! Buy this car!!