Used 2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 267 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Best car I have ever owned!
By Michael Kempkes

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After nearly 13 years and 155,000 miles, my 2006 Acura TL still runs like it was new. Nothing but scheduled maintenance over this time, and still a blast to drive. Have been looking around recently, but finding any decent, reliable car with a 6 cylinder and 6-speed manual transmission makes me think I got the end of the line. The bluetooth and GPS were ahead of their time, and only now seem to have been surpassed in newer cars. The only thing it lacks is 4WD, but that has only been an issue once since I bought it - and changing to better all-season tires fixed that.

The car you never look back from, it works in all
By Nate

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Nav System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 TL is ridiculously reliable and fast. My maintenance costs are next to nothing. I've had it for 10 years it just needs routine maintenance. (Oil changes, etc.) I'm at 212,000 miles and the car still throws me back against the seat. Everything still works too! With minimal upgrades (intake, racing oil, and some seafoam) the car is insanely fast and reliable!

Happy camper
By Kris

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the price, this may be the best used car available. This is like getting a steak at a hamburger price. First of all, the drive is outstanding. I usually crank the stereo when driving, but with my TL, I prefer to listen to the loud purr/soft growl of the TL engine at work. I've driven many a car in my day, but never one that hugs the road quite like this Acura. And the gas mileage is incredible for a car this fast. When parked, I listen to the stereo and the surround sound is mind-blowing. The seats aren't quite up to par with Volvo's, but they are business-class comfy. The moon/sunroof brings natural light into the experience. One of the few downers is the lack of an AUX input (but they put in a cassette tape player?!?!). It would also be nice to have daylight running headlights (why do only Canadian models get this important feature?).

How to avoid an Acura TL by any means necessary
By Chris M Izquierdo

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A complete piece of a crap for a vehicle ! Right off the bat make sure you have as much money on hand in order to maintain it because I have had trouble right off the bat the transmission went kaput after twenty one days ,and to get a new transmission was an uphill battle because I had to pay eighteen hundred dollars ,and when I got the car back the next thing went out was the starter ,and battery ,and had to replace it , the next month it was the alternator ,and yet another battery cause the pep boys battery was a horrendous piece of crap ! But I digress! A year went by ,and did the regular maintenance like change the oil ,and brakes ,and thats when the brake boosters ,the rack ,and pinion ,and the rotors went to hell at the same time .......say goodbye to my tax refund all $2800. Still the brakes were not completely what they were ,and then there was the hands on system which one of the idiot mechanics turned on which pissed me off cause I didn't want that on ,and lo- an behold my battery started to drain ,and thus another catastrophe that pep boys did to me but they cant claim responsibility for their actions ,and as well as four alternators ,six batteries , and then a year and a half later boom my transmission went straight to hell again ,and they told me that they were frazzled on what happened ,and knowing my luck it was not 1800 dollars no it became a damn near a 5000 dollar issue . Then there is the radio when one changes the battery your radio goes to hell ,and thus a call to acura another 100 dollars that they want to charge me ,and thus another six times ,and on the sixth time the radio goes to the same place like my hopes and dreams to hell ,and acura was willing to replace the radio but for 1400 dollars i told them to go eat the radio id rather hear the noise in the calm orlando traffic ! and speaking of it my a/c which i love to hate so much because the a/c system went warm of all the times in the dead of summer ,and it was the compressor ,and also the system itself asked acura ,and they happily told me it was for 3600 dollars i told them i'd rather sweat cause i weigh 290 i can use the sweat session in order to lose weight ! All in all my recommendation , if you want luxury buy yourself an infiniti , or you know what avoid any honda, or acuras all together .

myride
By gerry

2006 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

hands free module is a problem