Used 2014 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

2014 Acura RDX
By Alan B

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the roomiest car in the luxury midsize crossover class. The cost of this car is below most of the other cars to which it is compared. It may not be the quickest acceleration but there is plenty of power to get on the highway. On the highway can get between 28-31 mpg according to onboard computer.

Love my RDX
By R Cooley

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several Acuras and the RDX is my favorite. Perfect size for individual owner or small family. It’s very comfortable and has the perfect amount of storage space.

Ocean City Happy
By OC Mike

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think this is, by far, the best value in luxury SUVs. I love my Acura RDX! I have owned it for approximately six months. Great acceleration, handles great, comfortable ride, decent sound system, great leather, sporty exterior, beautiful interior with easy to understand controls. Perfect size and great safety ratings. My car insurance premium decreased $90/year. Good gas mileage. Very happy with my purchase.

Best Car I've ever owned
By Jim

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Maybe the best car I've ever owned...I'm 70!

Good not-quite-ready-for-mom-van option
By Melissa P.

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was purposely looking for something more compact for our small (one kid) family, as I prefer that to driving a larger SUV. I traded in a two-year-old TSX, which I loved, to buy the RDX so we would have more rear leg room and cargo space. I like the simplicity of buying an Acura -- get it with or without bells and whistles, no nonsense. Good value for the money. All the goodies I wanted at the time, heated seats, XM radio, etc. While previous years had a turbocharged engine, this one does not which means pretty decent gas mileage. My daily commute is a combination of city/country road driving and I hit the mid 20's most tanks. There is a bit more road noise than I remember with my TSX. And make no mistake this is definitely a smaller car. Another kid or a large dog, and you might want to consider something larger. We fill up the cargo area pretty quickly! But I do still feel that the rear legroom is better than that of other cars in this size class, and installing the car seat with LATCH is a snap. The car has been extremely reliable with no visits to service other than regularly scheduled ones.