Used 2013 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

No complaints
By Dan O

2013 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great SUV. I’ve had nothing but a good experience owning this Acura MDX. It’s a great ride. It’s reliable and I got a great deal on this used SUV two years ago. You keep up with the maintenance and it will not let you down. It’s got good room for passengers and stuff. The far rear seats are a bit tight,but it’s very rear we use them. Other than that, this is a great vehicle.

love but a few problems some chronic
By Jean Hale

2013 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this as a certified used car from a dealer at 9mo old and very low miles. PROS: Very comfortable especially for my taller husband, most switches in easy reach, manipulation of back seats very easy, lots of cargo room, peppy engine for larger SUV, grips the road very well. CONS: Very noisy cab- lots of road noise and wind noise. Burnt smell occasionally coming from circulation vents- mechanics have not been able to source it so not fixed over almost 5 years of ownership. Controls on steering wheel not intuitive. Climate control difficult and not real efficient. Of the 2 USB ports, one quit working after a year (front of console). Biggest and most dangerous issue was an issue with electronics; warning lights would come on, often several, radio lights would come on, engine would speed up and not be under normal control (this was after a year of ownership, still under warranty). This progressed to multiple attempts to start (warning lights all on and acting like dead battery). Would get jumps to start, bought a new battery and the car would still be difficult. Became dangerous to drive so was hauled to dealer by tow truck. Dealer attempted a repair that was not successful and car died again when out of town. Dealer tried to fix again and was unsuccessful- could not find issue. Finally had a relative who was a mechanic tell us about a Honda recall on electrical issues and steering column electronics. Had dealer do the fix for the Honda issue and this fixed the problem. Look up related Honda issues for Acura issues.

Sport Ute that Leans Towards Sport
By Jon M-

2013 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

So far the MDX is nothing short of awesome! If I knew about these things years ago I would have purchased one then. The size, power, handling, safety and comfort just seem to all work together. I'm short and was able to get the seat in a comfortable driving position with a good view of the road. Gas mileage is on the low side, but this is all-wheel drive and a 300 hp V6. I tried breaking the thing loose during a rainy day and couldn't make it happen. I have two giant car seats in the second row and the kids have plenty of room. This one is a CPO and in exceptional shape. Hope to get a lot of miles out of it.

So glad I decided to lease!
By Beatrizyanovich@gmail.com

2013 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

From the first week I started complaining about the GPS. First I was told it was working fine. On the 3rd visit I was told a button needed to be changed, they ordered it and was changed on the 4th trip. Nothing changed with the equipment and I made the 5th trip. Was told GPS would be ordered and replaced. Got the run around for 2 months and then, when I asked to talk with the service manager, was told it would not be changed after all. I talked with headquarters and the response was...we don't make it any better. Had I had real service from the beginning, I would recommend the car but caution drivers it is wider than most and the gas mileage poor. Doors are very heavi and grandkids have a hard time closing them before age 9

Great ACURA MDX
By Andrey Pitin

2013 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

GREAT car overall