2015 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Acura ILX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

Noisy as heck !
By Seth L

2015 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Transmission hums all the time. Acura claims, "it's a normal characteristic of the car."

Great entry level luxury car
By NicBran

2015 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Before purchasing this car, I had a Mazda RX-8 which I had owned for 9 years. I loved the car, I wasn't ready to give it up but the cost of repairs, the difficulty in repairing the car, the nickel and diming from Mazda because of the rotary engine was taking it's toll and it finally came time for me to consider trading the car in for something more reliable. I had considered Audi and BMW, but the biggest "want" on my car wish list was that the vehicle had to be easy to repair and not cost an arm and a leg each time I took it in. I just wanted something that had the sleekness and handling of my RX-8 but with the engine of a Honda. So what better than an Acura? Granted, when I test drove the ILX, I was rather bored, I thought the car was too sedate. However, I had to remind myself that I was used to the squirreliness of the rear wheel drive on the RX-8 and that the sedateness of the ILX could be good for me. While the ILX does not handle as well as the RX-8 (I am a rather aggressive driver and enjoyed the manual transmission on the Mazda), the ILX is pretty decent in acceleration, handles corners well (I don't have to worry about fish tailing), and has an overall feeling of "gliding" that I really enjoy. I also love the interior. Some of the reviews on the ILX will say the interior is not as nice as the Audi A3 or the BMW 3 series, but I beg to differ. The interior is sleek and comfortable, the user interface on the touchscreen fairly easy to use. The one complaint I do have is that the navigation app is only compatible with iPhone and as I am a Galaxy user, it is useless to me. Also one thing to note with this car that salespeople at the dealership may argue with, is that this car performs WAY better on premium gasoline. When I purchased the car, the sales person said the car takes regular gas. I put regular in the car and experienced lagging at acceleration, rough idling, and I could feel the car stumbling when I would push down on the gas. When I brought it up to the guy who sold me the car, he said that was impossible, however, when I refueled with premium, the car was back to "gliding" and I have no trouble with acceleration. Use your best judgement but don't always listen to the guy selling the car. The guy who sold me my car knew nothing about the car and kept saying "It is a beautiful car, it sells itself". Overall, I am very happy I did not go with Audi or BMW and know that when this car will need servicing, I will not walk out missing a huge piece of my paycheck. It was a great transition from the RX-8.

Amazing Car!
By robin707

2015 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased the 2015 ILX 2.4 6 speed manual and must say, this is the most fun car I've ever had. It handles great on curvy roads, the seats feel like they were made for me. The price was even reasonable for the performance and comfort. This is the best manual I have ever driven, it's smooth, it's fast and it's so much fun! I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a sporty, yet functional car.

Interior is amazing and so comfortable, the trunk offers a lot more space than you would imagine too. But by far, above all else, my favorite feature is the 6 speed manual transmission!!

I'm not sure, maybe GPS and a little bit better stereo interface. The sound is great and the Bluetooth works wonderfully, but I don't like the stock like quality of the stereo display. Otherwise it's a fabulous car and I'd buy another one later on if offered in a manual.

My ILX is a great car
By stevenrose

2015 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I really enjoy owning my ILX. The ILX offers a great value. For just over $27,000 you get a lot of standard features including leather, 17" wheels, back-up camera, luxury car dealership service treatment and Acura reliability. The ILX handles great, for a small engine it is refined and smooth. Acceleration is decent and the car feels more powerful than 150HP. On the highway you don't even realize you have hit 80 because it is pretty smooth. Road noise is the only downfall, but when you are listening to the great stereo you don't hear a thing. If you read some reviews I think they are unfair, the car is excellent. I test drove the Audi A3 1.8T and the turbo and love the ILX by far.

Why is the ILX not just a Civic EX-L? More powerful engine Nice smooth AT, not a boring CVT Longer warranty Unique styling, it looks like a luxury car over Civic Better experience purchasing and servicing Better, more grown-up interior all the controls are simple to use I love the handling around corners, smooth power train and I love the leather steering wheel

Road noise and the suspension can be a bit stiff on bumpy city roads. If the pavement is smooth, it drives really nice. Next generation direct-injection with a duel clutch AT. Test drive it and if you are looking for a well rounded compact car with conservative, unique styling, the ILX is a great value, check it out.