The wagon that thinks it's an SUV
By DHH on
2002 Volvo XC AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
This car has done everything we've asked it to do, and more. We use it as an all-around hauler. From family vacations, to every day use, it's extremely comfortable and roomy. Recently, I was hauling a 14-foot trailer, which was loaded with about a foot of snow. I had to take it down a dirt road, which was covered with about 18" of snow. Despite these obstacles, this car plowed through it like nothing. Any questions I had about this cars' ability to get down and dirty were forever vanquished that day. I would highly recommend this car to anyone considering an SUV, but would really have a wagon.
Favorite Features
The seats are so comfortable, it's like driving in your living room. High ground clearance. Unflappable under poor road conditions. Good looks. Feeling of safety. Very practical.
Suggested Improvements
Turbo lag off the line. Standard Pirelli Scorpion tires are noisy, and only lasted 20,000 miles. Mileage could be a little better. Some small quality issues (broken rear washer nozzle, broken door open sensor, broken hatch latch mechanism) that you wouldn't expect from a $40,000 car.