A TON of Fun!
By travelingman on
2008 Volkswagen R32 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)
I bought my blue R32 (with nav) in April and drive 85 miles a day to work. This car is a great commuting car; fun to drive, comfortable ride but a ton of torque at any speed. I have had an Audi S4 and S6 and neither is as fun as this car. The only two things that I have added to the car is a clear bra and a Parrot blue tooth system that integrates directly to to the phone button on the steering wheel. It works wonderfully with my iphone 3G.
Favorite Features
Great Exhaust note, good power, comfortable ride. I have had VW buffs to a guy in a MB 350 AMG come up to me and tell me how they love this car. The Haldex AWD is amazing in the New England winter. My other car is a 08 335i with a sports package and I drive this car more!
Suggested Improvements
Need a upgrade option for the ipod; disappointing.
By smiletome
on 02/11/11 23:55 PM (PST)

Im glad to hear from someone from this area. Nothing beats an Euro car but you can always disagree. I am from this area but what i drive is not even close to r32. I love hatches and that is why im drving right now a mazda3 HB. I love it but its not for snow and after its paid and i find myself with extra money and away from college my next car will come. im already thinking of a next car and the VW (GTI, R32, GolfR) are on my mind, especially because they are AWD. My fear is how expensive it will be to mentain and fear of broken parts. I love the r32. Its like nothing else, but, the Golf R is coming soon and oh boy how beautiful it is. I love to drive, probably 50-60 miles every day not indluding trips. So now i am wondering if you would recommend the R32 for someone young as me early 20s. cheers.