2013 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)
Initially I really loved my purchase. I like the simple layout and nice styling over some competitors.
The only real complaint I have is the DSG lag - which is a noticable lag from a stop [think turbo lag but more annoying] but as it impacts every day driving I think it would make me not buy this model again.
I recommend 1.8L Turbo 4cl as it's not DGS. Gets great mileage and all the other benefits I like about this car but does not have a DSG transmission.
If you want V6 I would have to recommend the Accord over the Passat based solely on the DSG lag. Could be me being too critical though - I do suggest you test drive a passat.
-V6 Has great power and I get 27mpg driving fast with about 75% highway driving.
- TONS of room and comfortable seats. I'm 6'7 and can sit behind myself.
- Top crash test ratings.
- Enough room in back for baby seat without having to move front seats forward!
- Good overall value IMO
- Driving Dynamics
- Tons of trunk space
- MAIN gripe is the DGS Lag - a noticable lag from a stop (Like Turbo lag but more annoying)
- Touch Screen is slow to load when you start the car (thus so is back-up camera) and slow to react to selections.
- Paint chips easily (not the case on my VW's in the past)