Got most things right - but one big annoyances!
By knickle on
2013 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)
Initially I really loved my purchase. I like the simple layout and nice styling over some competitors. The only real complaint I have is the DSG lag - which is a noticable lag from a stop [think turbo lag but more annoying] but as it impacts every day driving I think it would make me not buy this model again. I recommend 1.8L Turbo 4cl as it's not DGS. Gets great mileage and all the other benefits I like about this car but does not have a DSG transmission. If you want V6 I would have to recommend the Accord over the Passat based solely on the DSG lag. Could be me being too critical though - I do suggest you test drive a passat.
Favorite Features
-V6 Has great power and I get 27mpg driving fast with about 75% highway driving. - TONS of room and comfortable seats. I'm 6'7 and can sit behind myself. - Top crash test ratings. - Enough room in back for baby seat without having to move front seats forward! - Good overall value IMO - Driving Dynamics - Tons of trunk space
Suggested Improvements
- MAIN gripe is the DGS Lag - a noticable lag from a stop (Like Turbo lag but more annoying) - Touch Screen is slow to load when you start the car (thus so is back-up camera) and slow to react to selections. - Paint chips easily (not the case on my VW's in the past)