2013 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)
Initially I really loved my purchase. I like the simple layout and nice styling over some competitors.
The only real complaint I have is the DSG lag - which is a noticable lag from a stop [think turbo lag but more annoying] but as it impacts every day driving I think it would make me not buy this model again.
I recommend 1.8L Turbo 4cl as it's not DGS. Gets great mileage and all the other benefits I like about this car but does not have a DSG transmission.
If you want V6 I would have to recommend the Accord over the Passat based solely on the DSG lag. Could be me being too critical though - I do suggest you test drive a passat.
-V6 Has great power and I get 27mpg driving fast with about 75% highway driving.
- TONS of room and comfortable seats. I'm 6'7 and can sit behind myself.
- Top crash test ratings.
- Enough room in back for baby seat without having to move front seats forward!
- Good overall value IMO
- Driving Dynamics
- Tons of trunk space
- MAIN gripe is the DGS Lag - a noticable lag from a stop (Like Turbo lag but more annoying)
- Touch Screen is slow to load when you start the car (thus so is back-up camera) and slow to react to selections.
- Paint chips easily (not the case on my VW's in the past)
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.