2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Extremely happy with my purcha

2013 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

S PZEV Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Extremely happy with my purchase
By cocomicas on

2013 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

After reading many reviews and talking to mechanics, I decided to go with the Passat TDI. I started looking at the Jetta, but certain aspects with the Jetta I wasn't impressed with such as the single torson bar for the rear suspension. The Passat is just better built, plus it's built in TN. After looking at the different models and price, I decided to go with the SEL. This thing is loaded. I have taken it on a 1200 mile trip, averaged 43mpg @70mph avg. Only problem was a rip in the door panel. Dealer fixed it promptly. I only miss two options: HID's and heated steering wheel.

The MPG's. At under 2,000 miles average is 43mpg. Extremely quite cabin. Handling is very good for this size car. The back seat room is incredible. The trunk is also very spacious. The finish is very high quality. Did I mention the MPG's? Don't be fooled by the engine specs, this car can fly down the highway. I set the speed alarm at 80mph to avoid any tickets. At highway speeds there is no wind noise, and the car feels like it's doing 40mph or less. Great cruiser.

Not much needs improvement. The only two things I would suggest is HID headlights and the heated steering wheel option. Besides that, nothing.