2013 Owner manual Errors
By mikewlv on
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I am disappointed in Volkswagens Customer Service and Support. One of the features that was important to me was the Rear Backup Assist and Park Distance Sound Alert. During my demo I was shown the operation of the rear camera, the salesman walked in back of the vehicle. The camera worked camera, but no sound alert. When I asked, I was told it probably needed to be turned on in the setup menu. I check the manual at home and on page 217 it does show a picture of a sound on/off soft key. When I call WV they to told me it is not available, even through it is listed as available on their web-site.
Suggested Improvements
When they make an error in their manual as to functionality of a feature in their vehicle they should stand behind their product. When I advised their CEO and Senior Management that this feature was missing and important, and I would pay a portion of the cost to have it now installed, they just blew me off. They admitted that the manual is in error and acknowledge that the feature is available as a accessory, but said that even though it was not offered to me during purchase, that they are not responsible for their errors in misinformation in their documentation!