2012 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Very happy with my Passat

2012 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

TDI SEL Premium Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

Very happy with my Passat
By johnwild on

2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

The last VW I owned was a Rabbit Diesel, I loved that noisy, smelly car and it got great mileage. Since then I have had a couple of Mercedes Diesels, I also loved them but the mileage was nothing to brag about I bought my Passat 4 months ago and now have almost 8,000 miles on it. I recently took a 2400 mile round trip and got an easy 45 mph at highway speeds. Now at almost 8,000 miles I get amazing mileage. If I keep my speed around 50mph I get almost 60 mpg!! I'm loving this car, even though the oil companies are ripping us off on Diesel. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one or send a friend to VW to buy one either. Great Car........5 stars!

Sat radio, speed reminder Very comfortable seats

I'm a big guy and it's a bit difficult to get out of the car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By sledge8
on 01/13/13 22:42 PM (PST)

John, Thanks for the review, but you are suffering from some serious brainwashing. Government taxes and regulations are a huge part of fuel costs. Much larger than company profits. Now, we have massive money printing causing inflation because the government would rather tax our buying power=print money, than live within it's means. Oil companies are owned by pension funds and 401k's, and use money far more efficiently than the government. They invest profits in more production! It's amazing that the media has done such an effective job of brainwashing people into hating themselves and loving government!! If you have a 401k or pension plan, you are the oil company!!