2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLX 1.8T Turbo 2dr Hatchback
I had problems with my car a week after
delivery. Here are the problems.
1) Rear hatch not closing properly. 3
visits to the shop before it was fixed.
2) Door not shutting flushed.
3) Broken power window and switch.
5) Gas flap servo broken twice.
6) Both honks broken and a dead battery.
7) Broken speedometer cable.
8) Oxygen sensor broken twice.
9) Door handle cover plastic is peeling.
10) Paint on steering spooke is peeling.
I should have gotten rid of the car a
long time ago. This time I will as the
last repair bill was $750, not to
mention the time lost and the
inconvenience I had to put up with.
Interior design and driving sensation.
Use quality components and improve upon
build quality. Can't keep customers
with inferior products. Those of you
who are considering buying a VW, think
hard. There are better cars out there
than this Mexican built POS !! This is
my FIRST and LAST VW !!
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.