2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Diesel is the way to go

2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual)

Diesel is the way to go
By military on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

5000 miles and this is the best car I have ever owned. I drive 100 miles round trip everyday. 41-43 mpg. Average speed 75mph. I cannot figure out why anyone would buy a hybrid. Clean diesel tech. is the way to go. GM, Ford, Dodge/Chrysler need to catch up. I would have bought American if they could match the quality and performance, but they cannot.

Sirius satellite radio, performance, 42mpg average 42mpg average 42mpg average 42mpg average 42mpg average, oh and 42mpg average!!!!!!!!!!

Advertise, Sell more of these sweet diesel babies.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By fannin
on 06/24/13 14:46 PM (PDT)

Well 85,000 miles later. Transmission has left my wife stranded twice (with two small toddlers) and myself once beside the road. All three times clutch went to the floor and would not return. Each time dealer said it was something different in the transmission. First failure was covered by warranty. Two and three was out of pocket $2400 and $3200. I got the manual because automatics have always failed me. So much for that concept. Fuel mileage is still strong at 40mpg. Cost VS fuel mileage is a loss in my book.