2008 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Really happy with this car

2008 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota Yaris

Really happy with this car
By AK on

2008 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm only averaging 42 mpg, but that's probably because I haven't been driving to maximize mpg - this car is very zippy, and I can't resist! It's also very maneuverable, with an incredibly tight turning radius. It's also darn cute, like a cross between a VW Beetle and a Camry. Complaint: the transition from park to 1st gear is very jerky (and means I stall out a lot if I'm wearing other than my normal sneakers). I highly recommend the manual transmission with power package and ABS brakes, giving you maximum control over the car. (That way you also get a radio.) This car will last ten years no problem, and will carry me in style all the way.

Aside from the mileage, there's a surprising amount of room, and the driver is sitting up high (better visibility), both of which were unexpected and nice to find. The interior is also much more nicely appointed than I expected.

1) shifting gears (engaging first gear from full stop). 2) Lumbar support. 3) Cup holder should not be located in front of air vent. 4) Rear wheel wells should be shielded somehow.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review