2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
For the money, it's all good.
By alfasax on 06/27/08 01:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

40 mpg. Easily obtainable, 37 mpg without trying all day long! Great styling. Luv this car!

Mark C
By 55idive on 06/27/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love It! The red is red, drives great in the wind, cool add ons, My wife loves it!!

2008 Toyota Yaris
By norske on 06/22/08 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have had it for 2 days and love it. Wanted it solely for mpg, so bells & whistles were not a necessity. It's just plain fun to drive. Parks like a dream (no depth perception so that's important), feels bigger than it is, good interior room, shifts great, acceleration is good, great Toyota a/c, thought dashboard design would be awkward - not, will be a great commuter car (70 miles a day). Other subcompacts have similar mpg & more base options but are more money, If you can find one, buy it, most bang for $.

Got to loooove my Yaris!
By mcgoulkin on 06/18/08 07:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Unbelievable gas mileage. You cannot get any better value for the money. I regularly get stopped by people who are curious about the car and I tell them all the same thing . . . BUY IT! I was a little concerned when I first bought it regarding the size. We are a family of four and we all fit easily and comfortably. Even for long trips. And at 40+ mpg we can actually afford long trips.

I Love my new Yaris
By Deca on 06/15/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This little Yaris is the coolest car on the planet. I just am amazed with it. People look at me more than when i drove my Xterra . The gas mileage is awesome. My only concern is how this car will take the winter and sleet/snow. The S package does come with bigger tires so you do lose some gas mileage but the handling is better. The AC is great. The interior room is plenty. I do give Toyota lots of credit for making a peppy 1.5 16 valve . The Yaris should pass every test possible that my BF will put it through. I look forward to the east coast winter and see if it really is all that. Oh I did add my own GPS and Sirius and tinted the glass. Let's rock this Yaris.

Great vehicle
By merrel on 06/14/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

All my life I drove large luxury cars for business and pleasure. Now retired and gas over $4 gal, sold my Jaguar and love this tiny car. High quality, 38-40 mpg, well built! Slight adjustment getting used to. Very economical and fun to drive.

Great little vehicle, love it so far
By pob138 on 06/13/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It'll be two weeks tomorrow that I've owned this car. The gas mileage is very good. I got about 380 miles out of the first tank (11.1 gallons) and I think that once I'm more accustomed to it, I'll do a bit better (I had a 94 escort, so this has much better acceleration than I'm used to). It drives better on the interstate than I thought it would with enough passing speed. Turning radius is tight, handling is better than expected and the ride is smooth for a sub-compact. Interior is roomy, I'm 6'2" and have no problem with leg/head room, but it sits me a little too high. The cargo space is amazing for its size, having 3 glove boxes is nice. All around, I'm very pleased.

Yaris Uber fun to drive
By Monica on 06/06/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Yaris for about 1 year and a half now, and I LOVE it! Awesome mileage, although the addition of a Turbo would be even more fun. I looked at some competitors, and all things considered, the Yaris was the best bang for the buck! Quiet, *for a sub compact* fun on twisty roads, and super comfortable for someone that's 6' tall like myself. Anyone considering a small car, don't even bother with the competitors. Yaris is it!

Never thought I would like a compact
By HuntingtonBeach on 06/03/08 22:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I always had SUVs or mid-size sedans and thought I would never get stuck in a compact as small as the Yaris. I did so, for the mileage only. After driving it for a week, I love it. The stress of paying at the pump is gone. Before my daughter saw the car, she suggested that I get tint, so people wouldn't see me. After I got it, she thought it was pretty cool. I went to a major public event, when I came driving out of the parking lot and my window was down, people walking by started asking me questions, about the car. All the other cars in the lot were Mercedes and BMWs. It seemed as if everyone was more impressed with the Yaris. I haven't paid so little for a vehicle, since 1980.

Former Jeep owner
By Mike on 06/02/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Totally shocked by the wicked gas mileage (45 hwy)! No lie! Almost two 20s to fill it for 4 days, unlike former jeep ($100) for four days! Rides like a Go-Kart! Sweet! Currently installing an aircraft mixture knob to lean it for more gas mileage. Haven't calculated yet. Rat rod tires and a shrunken head foe a shifter. I love this car. I have 17000 miles and had no reliability problems.