Used 2010 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Most Helpful|
LOVE THE CAR...HATE THE BUMPY RIDE!!!
By wjfun

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my car in Nov 2011, didn't notice the bumpy ride right away. I love everything about the car except the ride. I've been told it's the tires. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what have you done about it? I hate to spend the money on new tires and that does not solve the problem. Although I have read other blogs and people have complained of the bumpy ride....great car but I want a smoother ride....HELP!!! wjfun

Favorite Features

All the "GREAT FEATURES" my Venza is loaded

Suggested Improvements

Better tires for a smoother ride???

Love/Hate relationship
By ricksreview

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Hate having the Toyota sevice department know me by first name! All was well in the first year and half of owning our fully loaded 2010 Venza AWD. Recently the car developed a clunk in the rear, this required an extensive rear suspension repair. the noise has returned 3 months later! The transmission started to shudder and slip, Toyota replaced it saying its fairly common on the AWD model. This car only has 27,000 careful miles. I think it has more squeeks and rattles than the 02 Dodge Caravan that this Venza replaced.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, Interior is well laid out and very comfortable. One of the better riding CUV's we drove.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is poor. Road and wind noise. And the Toyotas quality must be a thing of the past.

Beware of Gas Mileage and Erratic Acceleration
By bosnol

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Although stylish and roomy, the Venza's gas mileage, even for a 4 cylinder, is poor compared to what is advertised, especially since we are careful, conservative drivers. It might be the overly sensitive accelerator pedal that results in excess gas consumption. The ride is not smooth either compared to the Ford Escape (we have had an Escape for 2 years). The satellite radio does not perform as well as it does in the Ford models such as the Escape. The dashboard mileage display screen is wired way too sensitive and cannot be adjusted.

Favorite Features

Style, roomy 2nd seat, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to putting regular tires on the Venza. The ride is too rough. Re-design the acceleration system since gas mileage is poor. Fix the electronics that control the dashboard mileage monitor.

Too hot my
By darlene

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the outside of this car. I would return this car tomorrow if I would not loose 34 thousand dollars. I have had it two weeks. The Glass windshield is 36 inches in width with no tint. The plastic black vinyl dash board is also 20 inches deep. Add all these up plus 95 degrees outside. It's like being in a barrel of burning oil. The dash board is ugly plastic it absorbs heat. Black. Horrible. I called the dealership once they have your cash forget it. Do not buy.

Big regret for purchasing
By mt

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Less of feeling fun, but comfort and bring body from point A to point B. Very disappointing to compare from my old Ford. Same junk with a good name.

Favorite Features

Power tailgate provides many good works from my wife.

Suggested Improvements

Should provide option to select roof track or transparent roof. To me the transparent roof is useless.