Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

"Oh" What a Feeling!!
By oaklandathletic

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I looked all around to purchase a truck. I have has Chevrolet's all my life. This Toyota is my first and I love it. I will be forever a Toyota owner. This truck is a joy to drive. The power is good enough for my comute 100 mile round trip. I love the body style. The JBL upgrade stero is very good.If your on the fence on which to buy Toyota is the complete all around package. This truck ROCKS!! Buy one you will like it!!

Favorite Features

I love the rear power window. The sunroof is off the chart. It comes with so many standard features that other brands make you pay for. The head room is good cuz i'm 6' 7" and have lots of room to roam.

Suggested Improvements

the seats could be a little better. I fill the captain chair. other than that it's a great Truck!!!!!!

satisfied owner
By Bob B

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Drive this truck coast-to-coast twice a year. Able to haul lots of stuff and still able to get 18-19 mpg at 68-69 miles an hour. The ride is smooth and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Love the back window that rolls down all the way. Never have another truck without this feature.

Suggested Improvements

Better windshield glass! A nothing pebble took out my windsheild with only 6,000 miles on.

Is This The Best The Auto Industry Has?
By D. Richards

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased a new Toyota Tundra 4Dr. crew cab SR5 April 04. Pros: Very comfortable long distances and handles well on the freeways. And that is all I can say good about it. Cons: Under 1000 miles it started to howl at 45MPH, Toyota replaced the differential unit at 6000 miles but the howl remained unresolved. The EPA freeway is 18(16- 20). I have been lucky to get 15 MPG on near flat desert with cruise from gas station to gas station. Others have stated they get 19-21 in my area and some are 4x4s. We looked at all the crew trucks and read the reviews on them. We must say that the best in the industry has been disappointing. I expected better from Toyota, after all the testimonials.

Favorite Features

The ride is smooth and comfortable on freeway trips. It handles well on the open road. Roll down rear window helps with temperature control in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the rear seats were removable or did not take so much space in the cabin. Plastic cabin trim does not stay where intended. Turning radius needs to be smaller. More AC air flow in rear. Better fuel efficiency. Chromed steel front bumper. Substantial steel rear bumper. Roof insulation.

Nice Package
By hardtoplease

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very roomy, quick, and good looking truck. My gas mileage seems to always be around 16 mpg. Very smooth ride. I feel it's the best truck out of all the top selling trucks. This is a truck I will keep for a while.

Favorite Features

Back window and the powerful response when pressing the gas. With all the windows down is like having a convertable in the shade.

Suggested Improvements

Where are the auto lights, and A/C? Truck wheel base does seem a little long. I can live it though.

Great Truck
By sneeky3

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my tundra!! Great truck for hauling people and cargo!! Rides like a dream. Good sound system !!

Favorite Features

Big sun roof, Horizontal sliding glass rear window, Sound system and roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power!! Also needs Climate control and auto lights.