2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This...
By DaveinCarolina on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

2-word summarization: DEPENDABILITY & RELIABILITY! Of course the Tundra's Gotta have it factor also played a major roll as well. ANY vehicle you look at, has to have a certain "look" which simply makes you want that vehicle. The Tundra has TONS of this! In fact, we've only owned our Tundra for just about a month and I STILL catch myself standing in the garage just looking at the truck, or worse, just sitting in it! I NEVER thought a truck could ride this good and be this quite even with the TRD package! There's PLENTY of room for my over 6' frame. EVEN IN THE BACK SEAT! The most comfortable we tested! Owning a 95 Tacoma with 122K didn’t hurt either!

My First Toyota
By MikeofPA on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable ride, lots of room both front and back. Makes the trip to and from work enjoyable. A truck rugged enough to put through the mud in the morning then clean it up and it's stylish enough for a wedding in the afternoon.

New Double Cab Tundra
By BDWhitt on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had initially decided to buy the Tundra Access Cab, but after seeing the first double cab on the highway, I decided I wanted to get the extra doors. I'm glad I did. A lot of power and comfort and the reliability of a Toyota.

Can you say... DEPENDABILITY?!
By DaveinNorthCarolina on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

One word sums up WHY I bought the Tundra, DEPENDABILITY! This makes my 3rd Toyota truck! I still have #2 (a 95 Tacoma extended cab V6 4x4) which I use as a daily commuter. 122,428 miles and counting! Simply stated, I BELIEVE in the Toyota product! Don’t take my word for it. While you’re here at Edmunds, check out JD Powers assessment of the Tundra. Compared with Nissan’s Titan, the Tundra got higher marks for MECHANICAL QUALITY, FEATURE & ACCESSORY QUALITY, and BODY & INTERIOR QUALITY. Key word is QUALITY! That says volumes for me and MY money! Another MAJOR factor in buying the Tundra; the GOTTA HAVE IT factor! The Tundra MORE than satisfies here!

I love my Toyota!
By Keldawwg on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When shopping for a new truck, my wife asked me to consider a Ford, because a friend could get us areally great deal on a Ford. No Way! I drive 35K miles a year, and I don't want a truck that’ll give me problems before it has 150,000 miles on it. My old Toyota has 197,000 miles on it, and except for maintenance my total repair bills have been $220. An EGR tube and speedo cable. American cars do not have the quality of a Toyota. Our friend with the Ford has had a lot of problems; power windows/power door locks, cruise control and brakes. It’s left him stranded on the side of the road twice! He doesn't have 50,000 miles on it, and he's buying a new Ford.

2004 Tundra Double Cab
By skibum on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle feels solid on the road. Cabin is spacious. Controls are typical of foreign vehicle but could be desined better. Headlight control integrated in turn signal. I have had the headlights go off accidentally at night when I put on the turn signal. Wireless throttle control is not as smooth as it could be. Neither is the transmission. Turning radius is pathetic. Stock tires are not good in snow and. Engine power is more than adequate. Truck performs well offroad. I like the power rear window. 4WD system works well and is easy to use. Load capability is good. Overall, I like the truck.

Best light truck available today!
By Steve_in_Colorado on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The best ride and gas mileage of all the "full size" trucks I tested. Manages to have a full size bed and an excellent backseat for my kids. Car like handling with the ability to haul the small loads I use for work. Nice build quality and a good stereo system. We love the rear sliding window, no buffeting even at speed. The sunroof is huge, and there enough drink holders for 6 people.

Used to be aFord Man
By c meusel on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Has always owned Ford trucks but with only having this one for 3 months you would have a hard time getting back to Ford. The overall rating for this vehicle is excellent.

A great SUT
By Puckyhuddle on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for a week now and I am very impressed with it. I think of it as a Sport Utility Truck (SUT) than combines the best features of an SUV and a truck. The ride is incredible, plenty of room in and out. It's a great vehicle for an active family with plenty of utlity.

04 truck of year
By roy rains on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best built truck on the road.