2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
satisfied owner
By Bob B on 05/14/05 19:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Drive this truck coast-to-coast twice a year. Able to haul lots of stuff and still able to get 18-19 mpg at 68-69 miles an hour. The ride is smooth and comfortable.

Is This The Best The Auto Industry Has?
By D. Richards on 05/01/05 20:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased a new Toyota Tundra 4Dr. crew cab SR5 April 04. Pros: Very comfortable long distances and handles well on the freeways. And that is all I can say good about it. Cons: Under 1000 miles it started to howl at 45MPH, Toyota replaced the differential unit at 6000 miles but the howl remained unresolved. The EPA freeway is 18(16- 20). I have been lucky to get 15 MPG on near flat desert with cruise from gas station to gas station. Others have stated they get 19-21 in my area and some are 4x4s. We looked at all the crew trucks and read the reviews on them. We must say that the best in the industry has been disappointing. I expected better from Toyota, after all the testimonials.

Nice Package
By hardtoplease on 03/22/05 22:45 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very roomy, quick, and good looking truck. My gas mileage seems to always be around 16 mpg. Very smooth ride. I feel it's the best truck out of all the top selling trucks. This is a truck I will keep for a while.

Great Truck
By sneeky3 on 03/21/05 14:19 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my tundra!! Great truck for hauling people and cargo!! Rides like a dream. Good sound system !!

Dallas Review
By Z on 03/02/05 16:03 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

After looking at Dodge and Ford we agreed that the Toyota Tundra would be a better deal. Not financially, but overall including workmanship, resale value, size, comfort, amenities and visual appeal. Buying it one year used brought the price down right where it should be. I love the space, the smooth ride and the quiet interior. It doesn't have a great turning radius, but everything else is top notch. I plan to get the mileage out of this one. Just pricey.

Almost Perfect
By coddarling on 01/30/05 14:55 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 and I love it. 3,500 miles thus far and absolutely no regrets. It's the perfect size for me--I can throw my 3 kids in the back and enough gear in the bed for a family of 5--ski equipment, whatever, and go absolutely anywhere. (I have a retractable lockable bed cover, and it really completes the package.) Only two complaints: my truck has the TRD package, and the stock BF Goodrich "Rugged Trail" tires were terrible. Threw them away after 500 miles and put on BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A, a more appropriate choice for the TRD package. Also, I tried an after-market bug deflector but took it off due to wind noise. Maybe I'll try the Toyota part.

From Access cab to Double cab
By Bob Jordan on 12/14/04 10:57 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

In July 2003 we traded an 02 Accord EX-L for an 03 Tundra Access cab. Our children in car seats would just barely fit and the back of the rear seat was almost straight up. Last July the 4X4 03 had 5500 miles and listed for $30,300. We traded for a 2X2 04 double cab that listed for $29,600 and paid $4100 out the door. The dealer put about $24,000 in our old truck and so far still has it on their lot (over 5 months) So far I do not miss the 4X4 and could not be better satisfied. The truck is quiet, smooth and tough. There is plenty of bed space as well as rear seat room. The windshield wiper motor is too loud and the air direction controls seem kinda clunky. Otherwise no complaints.

04 Tundra
By Veto on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

A really nice truck, that is not only professional looking but sporty. A true champion.

What a great truck
By Siebum on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck, and like all Toyotas, a really well built vehicle. I drove chevy, ford, nissan, dodge, and none can compare. The Tundra gives you more room, better ride, better comfort for rear seat passengers, a really large moon roof, and that get rear sliding window. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, I can tell you it is great to be able to roll all the windows (including the rear) completely down. Makes me feel like my jeep does with the top off. It might cost a little more than the others, but the peace of mind and the feeling of safety and comfort are well worth the extra cash.

Fantastic!
By SMOKEATR on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I switched from a Dodge to this rig and I LOVE IT...Its a phenominal truck all around.