Used 2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Remarkable truck!
By jsa

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I picked up my 2004 Tundra Double Cab SR5 V8 3 weeks ago. It had 24k miles on it and is in excellent condition in and out. I was able to work the dealer over on the price, and got it for exactly what I was willing to pay. Two grand under KBB. I would like to share my initial impressions. First, the truck's ride is extraordinary. It is smooth and extremely quiet. It rides like a Lexus. The handling is nice, but somewhat loose. It is no effort to carry on a low conversation with backseat passengers at highway speed. Controls are in easy reach and the JBL stereo sounds great. Doors close with a solid thump that inspires a secure feeling. Best ext. styling in it's class, IMO. Would buy again.

Favorite Features

Ride smoothness and quietness. No rattles or squeaks. Excellent road feel. Comfort and features. Strong engine and smooth-shifting tranny. JBL sound system. Power rear window is a very nic feature. I use it all the time when getting under way to exhaust the hot air from the cab. Solid build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Clock is almost always difficult to read during the day. Too many options on these models. Make feature pkgs instead. Power port covers break too easily and very tough to replace. Wheel center cap tabs snap off with easily even with tender care. Driver door int grab handle in way of window controls.

Nice Investment
By Bryan

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. We have used it for everything - family car to trailer puller. It has done great at everything and holds it value. I will continue to trade my other car, but I will not get rid of my Tundra. I was afraid of imports, but it may be the only way to go. The quality and the little things are so good.

Favorite Features

Overall looks, ride, comfort, rear window; everything!

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, rim styling

Incredible quality
By Jay

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Always performs and quality is second to none. Interior is roomy and very comfortable. Engine is powerful and smooth.

Favorite Features

Power rear window. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Needs tighter turning radius. Exterior could use a more aggressive look, like the Tacoma. Should have a wood grain steering wheel option to spuce up the Limited Edition.

Awesome Truck
By Ab White

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Domestics do not measure up to these trucks in quality and reliability. If you enjoy bringing your truck to the dealer all of the time, don't buy a Toyota. What an awesome truck.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, comfortable and extremely quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

Try it...You'll like it!
By DickGJ

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4dr Double Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice ride, smooth and quiet.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, power rear window, towing package, sound system, and quality build.

Suggested Improvements

At best, an illuminated cruise control, reposition the clock (too low), ability to override day-running lights, poor turning radius...gotta improve on that. I've been hunting and ran into trouble getting turned around with this beast! :-)