2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
My first big truck experience
By PETER BOURLIN on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I enjoy the smoothness of it ride.. When it got snowy and cold, the brakes started making ungodly metallic noises when I pressed on them to stop at a light The windows don't have a channel to let the water drip away if I have it cracked open to let in some fresh air during a rainy day or a snowy one..The water would drip into the door handling console inside the cab. I had to invest over $50.00 to buy an attachment for the

Toyota Trucks are GREAT
By Bill Paynter on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck on the road or on the beach. This is my 4th Toyota, but my first truck. It won't be my last.

Best Value in the market
By CarsonCattle on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rides like a Lexus with all the power and muscle you need to be a real truck guy. I haul a cattle trailer that is pushing the maximum capacity and the truck has power to spare.

the best truck made
By kevinbalitski on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

best truck we ever had

The Awesome Tundra
By Kevin Reine on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy the sleek appearance on the Tundra. It is very powerful and anywhere I go I get many complements on the color and style.

New Owner
By chip618 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has less road noise than any other I have driven. I have always been an American car person only, but after a test drive the Tundra was so superior to the American counterparts I had no choice but to switch.

My Tundra
By J Esandrio on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great after years with a GM Model Iam very impressed now 27000k no problems and a smooth rider

Tundra vs Dakota
By billmac50 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I was dissapointed to find that Dodge no longer made a long bed Dakota. My dissapointment turned to excitement when I test drove the Tundra. Although it is larger than my Dakota, I found it much easier to handle. It engine was smaller 3.3 vs. 3.9, but it seemed to have more power. I anticipate keeping my Tundra for at least 10 years as I did my Dakota, and look forward to a long happy ownership. Now I won't have to worry abut the transmission because I know Toyota makes a good transmission. Dodge hasn't figured it out yet. My only dissapointment was the height which caused me to add runningboards. A minor item for such a great truck.

Gotta Love It
By volcom3006 on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since I have had my truck I have extremely pleased, but only had one problem; after hitting a curb, the rear differentials gears apparently got strained from that and the bent and cracked.

my tundra 4dr rocks
By johanna on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because I always wanted a toyota, but was just waiting for the full size version to come along. The wait was well worth it. It rides like a car, and inside is soo quiet. The stereo system is the stock 6 speaker, but puts out very well. Engine performance is awesome, although there seems to be a little lag when you first step on the gas. MAybe it's just my driving style. It does need better gripping tires to perform in a 4wd situation, because I have experienced a little slippage due to the slick road tires that come standard.