2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Toyota XLE AWD
By whsu on 12/18/04 22:23 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent van, very quiet on the road, features are excellent. Safety features are the best in its class. Engine/transmissions are the same ones found in a Lexus. AWD should be great in the snow. Had 4 other Toyota before, after a total of 300,000 no major problems with any of the can/truck/vans. Well worth the money

Tight in the turns
By Mikey likes it on 12/13/04 17:50 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After 8 years of a Ford Widstar Minivan, and an increasing repair bill, I needed a change. My 2005 Sienna continues to impress me. The tight turn radius is great. The comfort level is impresive. Can't wait to take my family on a long drive so my 4 children can enjoy the DVD player. I'm sure it will be a big hit. Great job Toyota! Goodbye FORD!

Best Vehicle Ever
By oldsfun on 12/12/04 14:43 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am not a minivan person, but after driving the Sienna, I was converted. It is the best riding, handling, and roomiest vehicle on the market. The price is higher, but you get what you pay for. I drove all of the GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda and Kia. The Toyota was the best! The overall vehicle is the best minivan on the market. This is a Camry with a lot of room!

Great Van with a sleek look
By Neil on 12/10/04 12:49 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 XLE. It is a great van with a sleek look.Interior is very spacious and the movable console and trizone climate control is awesome

Great Van
By Sandy on 12/08/04 17:51 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this van 3 weeks ago. I LOVE it! I came from a grand voyager (99) and can not believe how far vans have come! This van Is wonderful! It has all the features I wish I had in my last van. We have a place in North Carolina, and can not wait until we get to take it there. This van is very thoughtfully made. It has the busiest moms in mind! I looked for a long time and finally found this one. I am glad I waited and found the Toyota Sienna

AWD sienna review
By Matt on 12/08/04 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the best minivan available. Odyssey drives/handles better and has better mileage but is not available with AWD (helpful for MN winters). Very happy with fit/finish and build quality however cabin noise is excessive at highway speeds (70+) and chassis rumbles over rough surfaces. No rattles yet but seems likely we'll get some down the road.

CE Value Priced Choice
By Thomcin on 12/07/04 10:33 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 2005 CE pkg 1 (cruise & roof rack)+ port installed window tint & all mats. List 26,000 Purchased ou the door 23,500 (all taxes, tags, fees) This is a real value product

Never thought I'd like a Minivan
By DBRN on 12/03/04 19:42 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I swore I wouldn't be caught dead in the driver's seat of a minivan. Well, a couple of kids changed all that, plus the quality of ride and comfort features. I'd consider the this more of a luxory car with massive cargo space. Yet, it gets fantastic gas mileage. More utility than an SUV, though it could never replace a pick up. It sure beats the pants off the 4-door car we used to squeeze into. We looked at every make of minivan. It was by far the most family oriented. Only the Caravan seemed to handle better, but I kept hearing about transmission problems etc. The new carvan's middle row that folds into the floor was very uncomfortable exhaust touchable by lil' hands.

All Wheel Drive Can Leave You Stranded
By Samchild7 on 11/27/04 22:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Sienna's All Wheel Drive Option is based on the use of "run-flat" tires. These tires, made by Dunlop, will take you one hundred miles if punctured. The problem is that no one, including Toyota or Dunlop dealerships, stocks replacement tires, and nearly no one owns the $50,000 device required to pull the tire from the rim. As such, a simple nail will leave a family on vacation stranded for two or three days while a special order tire ships in. Since a simple nail in a tire is a foreseeable hazard, Toyota has failed miserably in providing any sense of reliability on the AWD version of the Sienna. This is a very sad state of affairs for a company known for attention to consumers.

idk
By yeaok on 11/27/04 13:14 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

we have a toyota siena xle limited.