2008 Toyota RAV4 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Heater awful but nice car

2008 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Heater awful but nice car otherwise
By dczim on

2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to stay warm in winter while riding in the second or third row seat, I suggest buying another vehicle. Other than that, the RAV 4 is a great little car -- especially with the V6. I've had the dealership tear the vehicle down looking for the reason why there is no heat coming from the ducts in the second and third row seats. Their final verdict -- verified by Toyota's engineers -- the system is functioning as designed. Since I live in Wisconsin, going with a marginal heater is not an option. Toyota's suggestion -- trade it in for something that has heat but I take the loss on the vehicle -- about a $3-4K hit. Pretty rotten on Toyota's part but they know I have no choice.

Favorite Features

V6 engine (very nice), just about everything else is good except the heater.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the heater! Even in the two row version the heater is still weak! For future buyers, Toyota says they have no plans to change the heater. They only plan to eliminate the third row seat option. Also, I suggest having all the various buttons on the steering wheel, etc., illuminate in the dark.