2007 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Ho Hum

2007 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

2007 Toyota RAV4

Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Ho Hum
By Dan on

2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I knew now, what I had no way of knowing when I bought this car. The V6 engine is very peppy, the car handles well, and is terrific on snow covered roads. I really like the way it looks and drives. However, I was not prepared to pay $1800 ($171 for parts)to replaced a water pump. My wife drives this car to work everyday, approximately 100 miles round trip. That comes out o 95% highway driving. If I had known the cost involved for this repair, I would have never bought the V6. At the time I bought it, it was the highest rated SUV according to Consumer Reports. Live and learn.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By bmuellercinci
on 05/29/12 07:50 AM (PDT)

eric103 - V6 requires an engine pull. I tried to do it myself w/o pulling the engine got the pump at auto**** for $107, and 2 gallons of coolant. Spent 5-6 hours trying to get to everything to pull the water pump. Eventually I just put the serpentine belt back on and drove it to the dealership. That said: Dan - dealer quoted price to replace water pump and serpentine belt (as well as fix the acceleration recall issue) was $814

By eric103
on 05/27/11 05:16 AM (PDT)

the water pump cost 118 plus tax and it takes about 4 hours to put in .total cost around 500.00