2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Not an SUV person
By kennj on 02/03/08 07:14 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife got this car to replace her Ford Windstar. The car handles well and is nice to drive but I think it is uncomfortable on trips of more than 3 hours. We visit our daughter at college, a 3 to 4 hour trip each way and the seats just don't provide the comfort for that kind of trip. The van was so much better. The radio is also not up to par, they should have provided something better on a vehicle in this price range.

2007 RAV4 great review!
By Kirk on 02/02/08 14:06 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I leased the vehicle based on the rating in Consumers Reports where it scored the highest in its classification. After six months I have 3,400 miles on it (my wife's vehicle). I had the oil changed at the dealer we leased from and have absolutely no complaints. Great vehicle. It is the 4 cylinder and we average about 28 MPG on the road and 23MPG in the city. Great mileage for a small SUV. Everything works and no recalls. I am very well satisfied at this point!

The choice was fairly easy
By tony on 01/28/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Before we started shopping, we had our choice narrowed down to the Rav or the Honda CR-v. After driving each of them, the choice was simple. The Rav was quieter on the highway, less road and wind noise. Takes bumps great, and we hit 70 mph in no time. This is for our daughter in college, so we chose the base model, figuring her friends would probably borrow it, and it would be parked in lots where nicks would be inevitable. If you don't need a moonroof and auto climate control, the base model is fine. She uses the iPod hookup most of the time, so didn't need the 6 disc changer. The radio on the base is plenty good, and still has 6 speakers. 4 cylinder seems to be peppy and very responsive.

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited
By clevelandrav4 on 01/22/08 10:30 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Generally, I'm very happy with it. A road trip to Boothbay, Maine with my brother and pregnant sister-in-law was extremely comfortable for all involved. I drove the entire way there and was quite comfortable. Gas mileage is a little disappointing; not as good as advertised. Engine power is awesome. Rides and handles very well. Downright sporty (I used to drive a lowered GTI). Inside, the stereo is above average, though not great. Great in the snow-belt.

Overall I'm happy with it
By Charlotte on 01/18/08 09:53 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, after many great reviews on them from friends, and so far so good. The ride of the car is a lot smoother than its competitors (Honda CR-V and Jeep). The fuel economy is great, and was a big factor for me. I don't think it's a really sexy car, but for the price point it's a great combination of attractive, reliable, safe and good on fuel considering how spacious. I do think the drivers seat is a little hard, but not too bad.

Rav 6 cyl front wheel drive
By drrvega on 01/16/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The front wheel drive works great, even off road. Saves gas. Get 20 in town, 26-30 on highways. The hill start feature is wonderful! Have used it over large mountain ranges. Traction control and stability are great also. Extremely reliable. We take it camping and the space in the 6 cyl. in more than the 4 cyl, so it is perfect for that. mine has side air bags, as well as front airbags.

I am impressed!
By BobtheBrit on 01/04/08 10:48 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a company vehicle and I could not be happier. Toyota has really thought about this vehicle and it shows. The ride is comfortable and quiet. The handling is quick and sure-footed. The sound system is superb. I love the Bluetooth and I am on the phone a lot! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a small SUV with a big feel. The fold flat seats from the back door is a great feature. This is a GREAT vehicle!

I love my Rav4
By Sandy on 12/15/07 06:31 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The engine is super responsive. I have chosen 3rd row seat for the occasional use with friends or grandkids. Getting anywhere between 21.5 and 23.5 miles per gallon dependent on weather, highway etc. We have had good results with past two 4Runners and Tacoma so I trust Toyota as a good value. We were looking at other brands until they changed the design of the Rav4 that met my needs exactly! I Love my Rav4

Great Suv
By toyota44 on 12/10/07 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Suv no problems at all. We actually had someone crash into the passenger door and did $3500 damage, no one injured, the door absorbed all the impact. Has loads of power and gets great gas mileage, 26-27 highway and about 25 in town. I'm about 6'4 and have great headroom even with the sunroof. Highly recommended!!

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited
By KT on 12/09/07 04:37 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a leftover 2007 LTD,4 cyl, 4WD in Classic Silver I have only owned it for about 2 weeks and about 200 miles, but I am impressed! The interior is extremely comfortable, the ride is smooth, there are no rattles or squeaks (even doing 75 on the highway), and even this 4-cyl. merges with traffic and gets up hills w/o problems. I like that the door swings out rather than up. At less than 5' tall, I can reach it! I like the fact that the door swings out to face the wrong side of the curb. I park in my driveway and the open part of the back faces my walkway to the house. Perfect.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.