Used 2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Wife loves it
By DAKOTA'S DAD

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am handicapped and wife does all the driving. She loves everything about it! She just finds it fun and the least tiring of our other toyotas (four 6 cyl Camrys) We are on our 4th Toyota (I used to drive) and this is the best ever. It drives better with a full load, 4-5 people. The only thing I added is a wind/bug deflector.

Favorite Features

A short person appreciates the side opening rear door; the acceleration is great but not for a "lead foot" which really sucks the gas for poor mpg.

Suggested Improvements

An increase in real time mpg would be helpful. A short article on synthetic oils in the manual would have been nice. Extended oil change intervals with its use?? Optional running boards would aid my entry/exit.

Really good choice
By JP

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 1993, 4 cyl, 5-speed manual trans, Toyota Corolla wagon. Felt ready for something different, but didn't want to loose what I liked about the wagon. Spent about 6 months researching and driving cars. Top choices that I test drove were: Honda CR-V, Honda Element, Subaru Outback, Toyota Highlander and Toyota RAV4. RAV4 won out.

Favorite Features

6 cyl power/get up and go, driver's side comfort and ergonomic features, sunroof, backseats adjust for leg length, height, feels like a bigger car than it actually is.

Suggested Improvements

Aesthetic look and feel of interior fabric could better match the price of the car.

My RAV
By randgard

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great Toyota. Very functional and perfomance is super and gets 23 mpg. nothing but oil changes first 18000 miles. Very good quality for the price.

Favorite Features

Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Put spare underneath.

Speedy
By HD Rider

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car for my wife. We wanted a safe, reliable vehicle. I believe we got one. We looked at all of the different competitors in this class and far and away liked the RAV4 best. This car has a lot of get-up-and-go! I wanted to get it before Toyota realized they gave this thing too much power. If you look at the power/weight ratio, it beats most everything but a ‘Vette. I will say the accelerator is very touchy taking off. It slings your head back and you have to consciously step on the gas pedal softly.

Favorite Features

The power!

Suggested Improvements

Fix that touchy gas pedal.

New RAV4 owner
By Ming

2007 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very impressed with the V6 engine. This thing just takes off! I love the looks of it. Of course there are a few things here and there that can be a bit better, but overall, I love this SUV more and more everyday! I just sat in an 07 4Runner today, I swear the RAV4 has more rear legroom than the 4Runner!

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, V6 engine, MP3 capability, spacious interior, little gadgets here and there.

Suggested Improvements

Side-opening gate, better interior (kinda cheap).